Chapter 61

Things had begun to calm down at the entrance to Hammerlocke Stadium. Police officers were filling their cars with agents and League Staff members and driving them to the police station to put them in jail before coming back to collect more. Some officers came out of the stadium with League Staff members handcuffed, having caught them inside. Officer Jenny and her Boltund kept an eye on the prisoners that weren't loaded into cars yet, having them sitting down in cuffs. Some of the citizens who fought Chairman Rose's security went home or to the Pokémon Center to have their Pokémon healed. Others, like Gunther, stood back from the walls of Hammerlocke Stadium and watched Eternatus collect Galar Particles. They felt nothing was left but to wait for Timothy, Coovers, and Serena to stop Chairman Rose, Ezria, and Eternatus or for Eternatus to gain its full power and destroy everyone.

Looker, meanwhile, was kneeling in front of Venarge, Agent Porter, and a few other agents sitting down handcuffed. Venarge looked away from the officer coldly, trying to act tough as Looker interrogated him.

"Come now, boys. Surely, one of you would like to volunteer in letting me into the Energy Plant," Looker said with a smug look. "You might get a lesser sentence if you comply."

"You're gonna get nothing from us!" Agent Porter snarled. "Even if you promise to let us go free, there's no way we would betray Chairman Rose."

"I admire your loyalty, but I think you should be realistic," Looker said. "By now, we'll have arrested everyone among Chairman Rose's security that fled into the stadium, and three of my friends are on their way to capture Eternatus, ending this little project once and for all. Now, I'm willing to bet your boss is hiding in that little facility right now, and he can't stay cooped up in there forever. One way or another, he and his remaining accomplices will have to come out. It's up to you when he's going to come out. The way I look at it, you'd be doing your boss a favor by not letting him beat around the bush."

"You can try to persuade us as much as you like. We'll face imprisonment for life before we help you," Venarge said.

Looker tittered and said, "Be careful with what you wish for, son."

Suddenly, Looker heard the sound of tires screeching and people screaming. Everyone turned their heads to see Sonia making a hard turn and charging through the gap in the line of police cars blocking the street. Officers and their Pokémon jumped out of the way as the car came to a screeching halt in front of the drawbridge. Sonia came out from the driver's seat, looking up at Eternatus. Gwen got out, leaning on her car door while holding Winnie, whose face was green, and having the sword and shield strapped to her back.

"Hey, you can't park here. This is a scene of a crime!" Officer Jenny shouted. "I'll have you fined for your reckless driving too!"

"My driving's not reckless, officer. My car is just old," Sonia said. "And besides, we come with a means to subdue the Darkest Day."

Looker raised his eyebrow and walked over to the women.

"Am I right that you two are Professor Magnolia's granddaughter and Timothy and Coovers' companion?" he asked.

"That's right. Sonia's my name and with me is Gwen and her partner, Eddie," Sonia answered. "And who are you?"

"Officer Looker of the International Police. I'm Coovers' superior," Looker said, showing his badge. "I was under the impression the two of you were supposed to have two Pokémon with you that can fight Eternatus."

Sonia and Gwen looked at each other and hesitated before the latter answered, "Well, we found Zacian and Zamanenta and they led us to this sword and shield on my back."

"And how is that supposed to help?" Looker asked.

"We're not sure, but if they led us to the sword and shield, they must know what they're doing," Sonia said.