Chapter 55

For the next hour and a half, Timothy spent the flight to Hammerlocke explaining what was happening to Ash and Serena. From bumping into Coovers, meeting Professor Magnolia, entering the Gym Challenge, meeting Chairman Rose, Gwen, and Ezria, encountering Ezria's fans, and so on, Timothy explained everything but the development of his relationship with Gwen. Halfway through the explanation, Timothy talked about losing to Bea, and he and Ash briefly went off subject, with Ash bringing up that he had faced Bea twice in World Coronation Series battles, losing the first battle and tying the in second one.

When Timothy finished, Ash and Serena stared at Timothy as they processed the information.

"Boy, Coovers keeps finding ways to need you for his missions," Serena said.

"Tell me about it," Timothy said with a chuckle.

"Raichu," Electchu said.

Ash looked up in the sky, thinking about Rose's dream and what he had said to him and Serena the night before.

"A thousand years from now? I can't wrap my head around that," he said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"Neither can I," Serena said. "But to think Chairman Rose is doing this to prevent people from losing loved ones like he lost his father, and yet he's more than willing to cause all this destruction claiming it's to make people and Pokémon happy."

"I know. I can't forgive Chairman Rose for the damage and loss he's already caused, but I can't deny that his intentions are good either," Timothy said. "I only wish we could have stopped him before Eternatus' energy started getting loose."

Serena nodded and said, "It's heartbreaking how much pain this has already caused. When we battled Centiskorch, its partner and his daughter were worried sick about it."

"And when the Coalossal we fought with Leon returned to normal, the miners were throwing rocks at it as though it was its fault," Ash said.

"When you put it like that, Ezria and I were lucky a few destroyed buildings, and a section of Hammerlocke's wall was the worst of it on our part," Timothy said. "Still, our priority right now is to deal with Ezria and Chairman Rose and count on our friends to solve the mystery."

"Right," Ash and Serena said simultaneously.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"Rai," Electchu said.

Just then, Timothy felt his Rotom Phone vibrating from his pocket.

"You have a call from Gwen. You have a call from Gwen," Rotom said.

Timothy's heart skipped a beat upon hearing his girlfriend was calling him. He tried to reach into his pocket but then realized he couldn't move while Gengar had a hold on him via Psychic.

"Hey, Ash, could you let us down and have Gengar stop using Psychic? Gwen is calling me. Maybe they found something," Timothy said.

"Sure. Dragonite, Gengar, set us down," Ash said.

"Gengar," Gengar said.

Dragonite chirped in acknowledgment.

The Pokemon flew down to the forest below until they were safely on the ground. Ash, Serena, and Pikachu got off Dragonite, and Gengar released Timothy and Electchu. Timothy took out his phone and looked away from his friends as he answered.

"Gwen?"

"Oh, thank goodness. I was worried you weren't going to answer," Gwen said.

"Why would you think I wouldn't?" Timothy asked.