Chapter 49

A crowd surrounded the destroyed portion of Hammerlocke's wall. A news reporter was still covering the battle at Hammerlocke Hills in front of the hole. Construction workers and their Pokémon began moving large chunks of the wall out of the street. Citizens looked at the large gap in the wall and whispered amongst themselves in fear. Timothy watched through the windows of the Pokémon Center's main lobby, uneasy.

Timothy felt two arms wrap around him from behind and turned his head to see Ezria resting her chin on his shoulder. She gave Timothy a smile she thought he'd find cute as she hugged him.

"See all those construction people and their Pokémon cleaning the mess? They're so quick and efficient," she said. "I guarantee they'll fix the wall in no time. It'll be like nothing happened."

"That's not what I see," Timothy said. "I see people and Pokémon afraid because a rampaging Dynamax Pokémon destroyed the wall that's supposed to protect them."

"That's why we're going to do better next time," Ezria said.

"Why you're going to do better next time," Timothy corrected.

Ezria shrugged uncaringly and said, "Well, if you're going to focus on details."

Timothy rolled his eyes as Ezria turned to focus on the rubble being cleared outside. Then Ezria felt her Rotom Phone vibrating from her dress pocket.

"You have a call from Aunt Oleana. You have a call from Aunt Oleana," Rotom said.

Ezria sighed and reluctantly let go of Timothy to answer her phone. Timothy returned to watching the commotion outside as Ezria talked to her aunt. After a couple of minutes, Ezria hung up the phone and patted Timothy's back with an excited grin.

"Looks like I got my chance of redemption sooner than I hoped," Ezria said. "A Gigantamax Lapras is heading to a port town close to Spikemuth, and Aunt Oleana has ordered us to stop it."

Timothy furrowed his brow and said, "I hope she intends to give us transportation to get there right away."

"We don't need to do that," Ezria said. "Doublade and Knightblade can fly us there."

Timothy looked at Ezria, puzzled and asked, "Can we do that?"

"Of course. They are Pokémon that levitate, and they're strong enough to carry us," Ezria said. "I've heard a pair of thieves in Kalos did that with their Doublade and Aegislash a few years ago."

"Do you think Knightblade and Doublade are fast enough to get there?" Timothy asked.

"They should be. The Gigantamax Lapras is going to be at the town in five hours," Ezria said. "If we leave the moment our Pokémon heal up, we should be there before it attacks."

Timothy gave Ezria a skeptical look before he silently accepted there was no better option. Just then, they heard a jingle from the speakers in the ceiling. Nurse Joy came out of the emergency room with an Indeedee pushing a cart carrying Electchu and a tray containing Doublade, Knightblade, Poliwrath, and Blitzwing's Pokéballs. Timothy and Ezria smiled at the timing as they walked over to grab Electchu and their Pokéballs.

"Your Pokémon are in perfect health," Nurse Joy said with a smile.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy," Timothy said.

"Yes, thank you," Ezria said.

They took their Pokéballs, and Electchu hopped off the cart before they exited the Pokémon Center. Timothy and Ezria took Knightblade and Doublade out, and Ezria stepped in front of them with her hands behind her backs, acting like a commanding officer.