Chapter 33

Chairman Rose rested against his desk chair with a sigh, having just finished looking through a tower of paperwork. He turned his chair around to look at the view of Wyndon from his office at Rose Tower. The city was shining beautifully with the night lights shining brightly, the ferris wheel gave many citizens a beautiful view of their homes, and the clock tower bell announced it was half-past seven. Though he could not see the civilians far below, he imagined all of them happily living their lives with the power to light their businesses and homes. Indeed, Marco Cosmos once again provided power for all of Galar with the resources they had for another day. The very thought put the chairman at ease after another long day running his company.

There was a knock on the door, and it opened to reveal Oleana on her phone with an intern carrying a steak, a bowl of rice, and a salad on a tray. Rose watched the two of them come in from the window's reflection and turned his chair around just as the intern placed the tray on his desk. Rose gave the intern a friendly smile to thank her before the intern bowed and left the office. He started cutting off a piece of the steak just as Oleana hung up.

"Your appointments tomorrow are scheduled, and tickets for the Championship Cup have begun selling," Oleana reported.

"Excellent. Everything downstairs went well today?" Rose asked.

"All issues have been resolved. There are no problems," Oleana answered.

"Is that so? Good to hear," the chairman said. "Have you made contact with Piers?"

"The seventh Gym Leader has not responded to our calls," Oleana said. "I've contacted the staff in Circhester Stadium to make sure all Gym Challengers who win their sixth badge receive transportation to Spikemuth."

"Good," Chairman Rose said. "Speaking of Gym Challengers, are any of them still battling for their 5th badge?"

"All remaining challengers have earned their 5th badge and are traveling to Circhester," Oleana said.

"How many are left apart from Ezria, Timothy, and Venarge?" Chairman Rose asked.

"Four," Oleana answered bluntly.

Chairman Rose looked up from his dinner and sighed. He put down his fork and knife and rested his elbows on his desk with his clasped hands raised to his mouth.

"Seven Gym Challengers left to compete for their last three badges. That's five less than last year," Rose said. "I hope enough of them will complete the challenge to make the tournament last about as long as it did last year."

"With all due respect, sir, I advise you not to worry about it," Oleana said. "We've had shortages of trainers completing the challenge before and have still delivered in giving people and Pokémon memorable Championship Cups. We should expect no less with who we still have. Besides, our operation in Hammerlocke should still focus our attention."

"Mmmmm. Yes, you're right, Oleana," Rose said. "I heard the quakes are dying down."

"Yes, sir. Eternatus has made no further attempt to escape," Oleana said. "We have preparations to reinforce the core and the hanger again immediately if it tries again."

The chairman smiled from ear to ear.

"Thank you, Oleana. I don't know what I would do without you," he said.

"It's my job," Oleana said bluntly.

"Even so, I'm grateful for everything you and everyone who worked to catch Eternatus to keep Galar's future safe," Rose said. "When we successfully extract its energy, I will personally thank all of you."