Chapter 59

Venarge struggled to keep his cool. He was relishing being head of security to the point of being able to tell Leon himself to go away. And yet, when Timothy arrived just as Chairman Rose predicted, Coovers and Goh were found with them. Venarge couldn't believe his accomplishment for redemption was undone. Whether Gwen called Timothy so he could rescue his police officer friend or Timothy and his teenage friends just happened to be nearby while Oleana's subordinates were heading to Hammerlocke, Venarge didn't know, but he was determined to convince Chairman Rose and Oleana that it was the latter.

If that wasn't enough, there was an earthquake and a massive beam burst through the main tower, creating a large hole. After that, Leon flew toward the hole with a raven-haired teenage boy with a Pikachu using Charizard and a Dragonite, respectively. Venarge ordered security to attack them with their Pokémon, but their targets managed to get inside. Venarge wanted to break something, frustrated that people got inside Hammerlocke under his protection.

The only silver lining was Timothy and Coovers were still kept from trying to get through the stadium's defenses. Regardless, Venarge wished he could take a handful of men, storm the Pokémon Center, and drag Timothy and his friends to the stadium as hostages instead of staying to protect the entrance as ordered. Ezria would be disappointed that her crush was beaten so easily, but that only made Venarge want to do it even more. It would be as though he was the sole reason Chairman Rose's operation was protected, making him come out better than the Markenel twin the chairman always favored.

Venarge's train of thought was disturbed when a beam burst out, creating another hole in the tower, and Eternatus came out, flying to the top of the tower. Galar Particles flew toward the Legendary Pokémon in multiple directions. Venarge didn't know whether or not to be concerned that Eternatus had broken free. He hoped he would get a call from Oleana to come to the chairman's aid, but he figured Ezria was already on it, and even if she wasn't, Venarge wanted to keep a close eye on his enemies hiding in the Pokémon Center. He also wanted to keep an eye on the people and Pokémon watching Eternatus gather Galar Particles in case they start to panic.

A few minutes later, as Eternatus began collecting Galar Particles, several Corviknight carrying carriages came from the east and landed on the street. The League Staff from Stow-on-Side and Ballonlea came out, followed by Agent Porter, and the four agents Venarge led to Stow-on-Side. Agent Porter was half awake, having only recently woken up from the effects of Noctowl's Hypnosis. Venarge gave the men sullen looks as his aunt's subordinates walked over to him.

"Sir, we've got trouble," the agent with the Steelix said while the Corviknight flew away.

"Oh? And what gave you that idea? The fact that Eternatus has escaped the hangar or how you imbeciles lost my hostages?" Venarge asked.

"Watch your mouth, boy. You let the women escape and they probably called Timothy Durbin to rescue his buddies," Agent Porter said.

"And you couldn't beat them even with your Garbodor Gigantamaxed," Venarge pointed out. "And by the way, Uncle Rose made me head of security, so show some respect."

"Well, bully for you, but that doesn't excuse the fact that we lost our captives and they could be anywhere," Agent Porter said.

"They're not anywhere. They're in the Pokémon Center," Venarge said, pointing at the Pokémon Center. "We have them pinned there to keep them from trying to get in. I suggest you get your Pokémon healed up and finish your job."

"I don't answer to anyone but your aunt, boy," Agent Porter said. "Now, lower the bridge and -"

Just then, Venarge, several agents, and League Staffs' Rotom Phones went off. Everyone looked at each other in confusion before they took out their phones and opened the news app. The app instantly took them to a live stream of the reporter whose helicopter was shot down standing in front of the Pokémon Center.