Chapter 25

Timothy and Electchu exited Stow-on-Side Stadium and walked straight to the Pokémon Center. Timothy handed Poliwrath, Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Knightblade's Pokéballs to Nurse Joy, and she gave him an assuring smile before she went into the emergency room. Timothy and Electchu found a bench to sit on, and Timothy laid his back against the wall with a heavy sigh. He noticed Electchu looking at him anxiously and smiled while petting its head.

"Well, I did say I wanted the Gym Battles to be more challenging," he said.

"Rai," Electchu said with a light laugh.

The front doors opened, and Coovers, Gwen, and Winnie went in. Gwen glowered at Timothy, making him nervous as she stopped before him.

"Thanks for bothering to wait for us at the lobby, Timothy," Gwen said sarcastically.

"Sorry, Gwen. I guess I got too focused on getting my Pokémon healed right away," Timothy said.

"That's what you're sorry about? You lost the match!" Coovers rebuked. "Come on, Timothy. How could you lose to the fourth Gym Leader when you completely had the type advantage?"

"You saw what happened, Coovers. Bea's not a pushover," Timothy said. "She has a good plan for taking care of Psychic and Ghost type Pokémon, and sadly that includes a Dark type Max Move to take down Knightblade. Besides, we knew type advantage wasn't going to always help from now on after how I barely won a perfect match against Kabu."

"Regardless, we're already far behind," Coovers said. "What if Ezria or the chairman hear about your loss and lose interest in you? This might have jeopardized the mission."

"I know. I know," Timothy said. "Believe me. I'm as worried as you are."

"Well, it's no use fretting about it now," Gwen said. "You must battle Bea again and ensure you win this time."

"Teddiursa." Winnie said.

"I will. I know I can," Timothy claimed. "Now that I know Bea's battling style, I will be prepared for what to expect from her and her Pokémon."

"You don't know what her fourth Pokémon is," Coovers said.

"No, but I think I have a good idea of what to expect from it," Timothy said. "Either way, you have to trust my Pokémon and me. Believe that we're going to beat Bea."

"Raichu," Electchu said with a nod.

Coovers furrowed his brow and looked away in reluctance. Timothy frowned at his best friend's hesitation and turned to Gwen, hoping for a better response. Gwen paused for a moment, knowing what was on Timothy's mind, then she sighed and gave him a small smile.

"I trust you," she said. "You promised me last night, and I'm counting on you to keep it."

"Thanks, Gwen," Timothy said.

"Promise? What promise?" Coovers asked.

"Don't worry about it," Timothy said. "Just focus on having my back, Coovers. I mean, come on. Since when do you lose complete confidence in me over one loss?"

Coovers flinched feeling on the spot. Then he huffed and smiled at Timothy as he said, "Alright, I believe you'll win too. But, please don't lose to a Gym Leader again, Timbo."

"You got it," Timothy said, smirking.

Suddenly, a chime was heard from the speakers on the ceiling, and the back door opened to reveal Nurse Joy holding a tray containing Timothy's Pokéballs. Timothy stood up and walked over to the front desk as Nurse Joy held the tray up to him.