Chapter 62

Leon was sweating as Charizard battled Eternatus. His partner was doing well, but it was still damaged. Leon forced a grin as he commanded Charizard, trying to put his battle with Ezria in the back of his mind, and yet, he knew time was running short, for Eternatus could be revived any moment. The way Leon looked at it, either he catches Eternatus soon or Timothy could capture it with a special Poéball.

"Charizard, use Air Slash!" Leon shouted.

Charizard flew toward Eternatus with its wings glowing light blue. It flapped its wings, firing multiple light-blue, glowing blades of energy that smacked Eternatus in the face.

"That's it! Aim your attacks into its mouth!" Leon shouted.

Just then, Leon heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around to find Ash and Pikachu climbing up the steps with a Lucario standing beside Ash. Ash grinned with his fist in the air as he watched Charizard battle.

"Way to go! Charizard's pushing hard!" Ash shouted.

"Ash...and Lucario?" Leon asked before giving the teenager a smirk. "That has to mean you beat Chairman Rose, right?"

"Sure did," Ash said.

"Pika!" Pikachu chirped.

"Hey, Ash!"

Ash turned around to see Goh. Beside him was a white bunny-like Pokemon standing on two legs. It had patches of fur on each shoulder that looked like shoulder pads, and the fur in its lower body looked as though the Pokémon was wearing sports pants and a belt. Ash and Pikachu gasped as they realized who the Pokémon was.

"It's Cinderance. Raboot evolved," he said to them.

"Wow!" Ash exclaimed with stars in his eyes.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted.

Goh smirked at his friends until he noticed Lucario standing behind Ash. He gasped with his eyes wide open.

"What's up with Riolu?!" He exclaimed.

"It evolved too. Into Lucario," Ash said.

"Whoa, really?" Goh squealed in excitement.

The boys turned to each other and fist-bumped, simultaneously shouting, "Way to go!" Lucario and Cinderance fist-bumped to congratulate each other, with Pikachu jumping up to join them. Leon smiled as he watched, feeling a small sense of hope from Ash and Goh's accomplishments. Ash, Goh, and their Pokémon then looked up to see Eternatus and Charizard staring menacingly.

"So, that's Eternatus?" Goh asked.

"Yeah," Ash said.

"Formerly known as the Darkest Day, but the time for introductions is over," Leon said. "Let's have a Champion time. Alright, Charizard, use Air Slash!"

Charizard roared and fired multiple glowing blades of energy. The blades hit Eternatus in the face and neck, and Eternatus cried out in pain. It began plummeting to the ground on its side and Leon took out an Ultra Ball.

"Next up, I'll catch it," he said before throwing the ball.

The Ultra Ball hit Eternatus, turning it into red and white energy. The energy went inside the ball and the ball landed at the center of the tower floor.

"Wow!" Goh shouted.

"You did it!" Ash exclaimed as he and Goh ran over to Leon.

"Stand back!" Leon shouted, stretching out his hand to stop the boys.

Everyone waited for the Ultra Ball to shake and let out a ding, indicating that Leon caught Eternatus but the Ultra Ball laid perfectly still. After a few seconds, red lightning came out of the ball from multiple directions. Leon's eyes widened and he stepped in front of Ash and Goh to shield them. Charizard spread its wings in front of Pikachu, Lucario, and Cinderance.