Chapter 50

Through the last twenty hours, Oleana struggled to keep her cool. Galar Particles had escaped the core twice, once when the scientist tested the machine, and then shortly after, she and Chairman Rose returned to the Energy Plant. Venarge was still missing, and Timothy's companions, who she ordered Venarge to follow, suddenly left, making her believe that her suspicion against them was warranted. If that wasn't enough, she received word from her head agent that Professor Magnolia's granddaughter was seen investigating the geoglyph with a group of people and Pokémon. He didn't get a good look at who was with Sonia, but they were likely up to something against her beloved boss.

Still, even with her short-tempered nephew missing and Professor Magnolia's granddaughter up to something, Oleana couldn't deny that the chairman's plan was going well. Leon and Ezria have dealt with several rampaging Dynamax Pokémon. Timothy and his friends, Ash and Serena, helped, and the hangar was reinforced. Suspicion against Timothy's friends aside, she began to believe that Ezria was right to suggest Timothy be a part of the operation despite her bias for her crush. Plus, her boss seemed to have found two more skilled trainers to recruit after witnessing how Ash and Serena did battling a Gigantamaxed Coalossal with Leon. Even so, the loyal secretary wouldn't ease up until all potential hindrances were dealt with.

When the chairman's limo arrived at Wyndon, it was night, and the sky was covered with countless stars. Ash, Serena, and Pikachu beamed as they looked through the window, having never been to Wyndon at night before. Chairman Rose chuckled with his mouth closed, pleased to see the trainers and Pikachu admire the beauty of Galar's capital thanks to the power he provided. The tips of Oleana's mouth curled up, delighted that the results of the chairman's work were being admired. Ash, Serena, and Pikachu's faces lit up more as the car stopped in front of Rose Tower, and the chairman's smile grew. They went inside and went up the elevator to the dining floor. A server was waiting to take them, having been informed of their arrival ahead of time. The server took them to their table next to a window, and Ash, Serena, and Pikachu sat next to each other with Pikachu standing on a cushion. Rose sat opposite from them, with Oleana standing behind.

They waited a few minutes until a waiter came with a tray with plates of food, a bowl overfilled with Pokémon food, and a green drink in a wine glass. The waiter put the plates and bowl in front of Ash, Serena, and Pikachu, then put the drink in front of Rose. The chairman gave his employee a friendly nod in thanks before his guests dug in. Ash and Pikachu cheerfully stuffed their mouths with food while Serena ate at a regular pace. Chairman Rose smiled again before taking a sip of his drink.

"This is the best," Ash said with his mouth full.

"It's delicious," Serena agreed. "Thank you for treating us to this, Mr. Chairman."

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"My pleasure," Chairman Rose said. "I'm more than happy to treat you after your hard work. Even then, it's a pleasure to do this for the friends of Leon and Timothy."

Ash's eyes widened, and he swallowed hastily.

"That reminds me. Do you know how Timothy's doing collecting Gym Badges?" He asked.

"Why, yes. He just won his final badge yesterday along with Oleana's niece and nephew, Ezria and Venarge," the chairman answered.

"Really? That's great," Serena chirped. "You must be thrilled for your niece and nephew, Oleana."

"Yes, I am pleased with their hard work," Oleana answered bluntly.

Serena grew confused with how Oleana spoke until Ash stood up from his seat with his hands turned into fists.

"I hope I get to see Timothy complete more of his dream by winning the Galar League," he declared with a grin. "But I also hope he doesn't expect to beat Leon because I'm beating him first in the World Coronation Series."