Chapter 2

"You know I'm moving to London soon; I need to get a few things. I hope you enjoy your shopping trip" He said, quickly kissing my cheek and leaving. The girls seemed to notice that I had frozen up.
"Are you ok?" Mary asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah; he just seemed off" I said, shaking me head a little. The girls and I continued to shop until it was late afternoon.
___________

The next morning I woke up. I grabbed a navy blouse and a navy skirt with some dark red lining near the hem. My hair stayed at my shoulders, I couldn't really do anything with it.

I walked down and got ready for the day, Alfred told me that Daniel had gotten home late, so he was still asleep. I got on my bike and I made my way to school. Though out the day June and Mary tried to comfort me, since we had an odd encounter with Daniel. I tried to get out of school as soon as I could, I don't want to think about it, and June and Mary don't do a good job at comforting me.

Once school finished I rushed out, just as I had gotten to the front of the school, June and Mary chasing after me. I noticed that Daniel was waiting at a building near the school. I wheeled my bike, I didn't know where June and Mary went.

"Daniel?" I asked, he hugged me, I was taken aback.
He pulled back, putting his mouth near my ear "Happy early birthday" He said, he pulled something from behind him.

"This what I was hiding yesterday, sorry if I made you worried yesterday, I can't imagine how you would've felt" He said, kissing me hard. I pulled back and took the gift from his hand.
I opened the gift, it was a photo album and book on psychology. I looked up to Daniel "Thank you so much Daniel" I said, placing the books in my bag. I turned back to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

We both chuckled, Daniel looked over my shoulder, his ears going red "It would seem that I've taken you from your friends" He muttered. I was confused and look over my shoulders.
"June, Mary?" I said shocked, they both had grins on their face.
"We'll leave you two to it" Mary said, taking Junes wrist and walking away.

My face went red and placed my head on his chest, hiding my face, he let out a chuckle, and lightly patted my hair; eventually playing with the tips of my hair. After a few moments I pulled back and looked at him. "Do you want me to accompany you to Alfred's?" He asked, I chuckled and nodded.

Daniel wheeled the bike between us and I had my bag in the bikes basket. We got to Oxford Psychoanalytical Clinic and I walked in and saw the receptionist. "Miss Whitestone, and..?" she had never met Daniel
"Mr Schröder" He said, going with his new fake name, thankfully that lie would work since Julia understands our situation and the Whitestone boys don't know Daniels surname.

"Your father is still in his office" She said, I nodded and Daniel and I went to Alfred's office.
We eventually got to his office, I knocked on the door, Alfred told us we could come in. He was shocked to see Daniel "Daniel; what a pleasant surprise" he said.

Daniel chuckled lightly "I probably should've informed you yesterday" He said.
Alfred nodded "Gretchen;  how was your day?" He asked me.
"It was quite fine; I'm just glade I've got no exams; we've been told to look for universities, try to meet with their requirements and all that. However, since I'll be London, it'll be ideal if it's near where I'll be staying" I said, looking at Daniel.

"Mr Churchill has sent me some papers of a few apartments near the Times, some of which are not to far from Universities, some of which offer psychoanalytical courses. The details will be sorted soon, but I know the area I'll live" Daniel explained.
"What are some of the universities?" Alfred asked
Alfred grabbed a map and looked at it "Well there's Queen Marys, which isn't to far from the apartment I'm thinking of living at, but there are a few others, but it's the closest" Daniel explained.