Chapter 67

I looked to him and nodded, that was true. I remember when I was at Daniel's apartment how beer was served with lunch and dinner. I nodded, "I don't see why we shouldn't," I sighed.
Daniel nodded, "I'll pick it up tomorrow," he said, walking towards me, kissing the side of my head.

__________________________

September 4th

I just got home from university and started to pack getting ready to go to Oxford. We had talked to Daniel's family and they seemed to understand that I had to go to Oxford and that Daniel wanted to come with me to visit the Whitestones. Daniel said he'd go to his old synagogue, and now that his name is cleared, although Daniel can't change his name as it'd be too suspicious if he did. This meant he could explain his story without much trouble.

I packed clothes for Saturday and Sunday. I started to pack Daniel's bag since we'd be leaving as soon as he gets home from synagogue. I made sure to wear more comfortable wear for travel.

I started to make sandwiches for Daniel and me. After a few minutes, Daniel came home, but I heard more than one set of footsteps.
I rushed downstairs and saw Daniel's family, "Daniel? Would you like to explain? I thought we were leaving straight away," I asked.

Daniel sighed, "They wanted to see us off, why I don't know," he said at the start, whispering into my ear at the end.
I sighed, and glanced at the time, "Well, we have to get going or we'll miss the train, we are already going to get there near midnight," I scolded.

Daniel nodded, "I'll pack as quickly as I can," he muttered making his way upstairs.
"I've already packed your bag! You can check what I've packed," I called out to him.
After a minute Daniel came down with both of our bags, "I've already called a taxi," I told him.

Daniel nodded, "We'll be back sometime Sunday, you should know the Whitestone's telephone number if you need anything," he said to his family, quickly hugging them before placing a hand on the small of my back while the Cohen's walked out in front of us.

I quickly locked the door and we waited for our cab. Daniel had his hand on the small of my back, "Have you heard about what's going to happen in Germany?" Daniel asked.

I nodded, "Germany isn't Germany anymore, it's the Third Reich now... It doesn't sound right, it's also no longer the Germany I knew as a child. But I don't know what is happening, is there something I should know about?" I questioned.

Daniel sighed, looking up into the sky, the stars reflecting in his dark eyes, "There is going to be a rally, I believe they are calling it 'Reichsparteitag der Ehre' or 'Rally of Honour' it's about the remilitarization of Germany. It's going to be a big event from what I've heard, and I'm going to be in the office all day for the next six days once the 8th comes around..." Daniel muttered.

I looked to him, "I've just started holidays, if I'm allowed to that is, it can help with translating," I suggested.
Daniel smirked, "I don't know, but I'll call tomorrow, since I can only write and translate so fast," he joked, kissing my temple.

I rested my head on his shoulder, "That's true, but enough about that-" I cut myself off when our cab stopped in front of us.
We stood up and went into the automobile.

Daniel and I sat next to each other, "You two are aware you have to charge extra since it's so late," the driver said.
Daniel and I nodded, "Yes, I understand," Daniel said, "Um, how much are you charging?" Daniel asked, his ears turning red.

"£180, plus £20 for it being so late," the guy scoffed.
Daniel had a stern expression, "You can't charge extra for it being late." Daniel stated.
The man glared at us from the mirror, "Daniel, stop," I whispered.
"Company rules imply if it's late and this far of a distance, you pay for accommodation," the man spat.