Chapter 45

Daniel chuckled and picked me up, I tightened my legs around his hips, "Daniel Cohen, your arm!" I said sternly and in a frightened panick. He laughed at my comment, "I know my limits, honey," he muttered, quickly kissing me before going upstairs to our room, placing me on the bed. We quickly got changed and went to bed. Daniel wrapped his arms around me and we fell asleep.
______________________________

I woke up to Daniel already gone, much to my surprise. I quickly stood up and put a robe over my nightdress and rushed downstairs, trying to find Daniel.
I saw him downstairs, staring off into the distance, deep in thought. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, gently kissing his head. Daniel looked at me, "Do you want to go to the cinema to watch a movie tonight?" he asked.

I looked at him, "I supposed so, it's been a few years, but we are saving money," I said,
Daniel chuckled, "I want to treat you, and going on a date that isn't just a picnic, as nice as it is," he explained.

I nodded, before I remembered Herr Churchill is coming over, I quickly looked at the time, 8, "We should get ready now and have breakfast," I commented.
Daniel laughed, "I'm already dressed," he chuckled, gesturing at himself.

I smiled, "My bad."
I went upstairs and got changed into a dark grey-blue dress that went to the top of my shins, and the top of the dress had short baggy sleeves, it was a wide circular neckline that showed my collarbone. I put on the red heart necklace that Daniel had gotten me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I put my hair in a low twisted bun. I put on light cosmetics and black heels and stockings.

I went downstairs and put my apron on before cooking pancakes. We quickly finished eating breakfast and washed the dishes before brushing our teeth.

I applied rouge to my lips before we went to the parlour and started to read while waiting for Herr Churchill.
After 15 minutes there was a knock on the door. Daniel and I stood up, and opened the door, seeing Herr Churchill there, "Come in, Mr Churchill," Daniel said gesturing for him to come in, I took a few steps back, leading him to the parlour. Daniel closed the door behind us.

Daniel and I sat on one couch, and Herr Churchill sat across from us. "It is nice to see you, Miss Whitestone," he said, shaking my hand.
I nodded, "It's nice to see you, Mr Churchill," I said.
"You too Mr Schröder," he said, turning to Daniel.
Daniel nodded, "Mr Churchill, you wished to talk about National Socialists?" Daniel asked, cutting to the chase.

"Ah, yes, is there any tea here?" Mr Churchill asked.
I stood up, "I'll quickly make some," I said, standing up and went into the kitchen. I turned the kettle on and started to make some fruit tea which I found at a nearby shop that has lots of German meals.

I heard Daniel and Mr Churchill talk about the SA when I put the tea down, putting some sugar and biscuits on the table. Herr Churchill took a sip, "This is an odd flavour, I don't think I've had it," he commented.
I nodded, "It's fruit tea, it is a popular type of tea in Germany, but if you'd rather have an Earl Grey, I can quickly make it," I commented.
He shook his head, "It's quite fine, Miss Whitestone, you and Mr Schröder are from Germany, so I'd expect as such," he said.

Mr Churchill straightened up, "Now, there are rumours of these camps where Jews are being placed, what do you think of it?" he said.
I nodded, "I've heard them. I'd say it's possible. Mr Hitler would often talk about resettling Jews in the East. So there is a possibility of Ghettos or Concentration Camps. I remember when I had gone past an old factory in Dachau that was out of commission for years. The village kids would often play there, however, when I had gone past it a couple of years ago, there was a wall and barbwire fence around it. It wasn't normal. However, if I were to try to enter Mr Hitler's mind, with my current knowledge, it would be an ideal place for a camp. Dachau is a quiet place, and not many people go there, no one would know. I wouldn't put it past Mr Hitler. Daniel has opened my eyes to what he was doing, trying to exterminate them," I said, looking at Daniel from the corner of my eyes.