Chapter 29

He looked at the book "This is why you asked if I still physics?" he asked, I nodded.
"Well, I didn't really know what else you want, or that I can even get you" I explained, he nodded. He flipped it over and read the synopsis/blurb "Thank you Gretchen" he said, cupping my head and bring his lips to mine.

__________________________________

September 6th

Gretchen Pov

I woke up to Daniel having his arms around me, he placed a kiss on my head. "Good morning, Gretchen," Daniel said as he kissed me again. I turned over to face him.

"Good morning," I said with a small smile, but I couldn't help but notice the big grin on his face.
Daniel must've noticed my frown "What's with that look?" He asked.
I shook my head "Nothing, just the grin on your face, almost like the Cheshire cat," I said.
"Well today is a special day, the anniversary of our first kiss," Daniel said.
I smiled "I almost forgot," I commented with a small laugh. Daniel chuckled and kissed me hard before getting up and getting changed.

I stood up and got changed into a dark faded purple blouse and matched it with a blue skirt, and a brown belt. I put on some heels, and I did my hair in a braided bun.

Daniel was in his brown suit and had already gone down, and I heard Daniel trying to cook, I let out a tired sigh. Daniel had a habit of burning meals.
I went down and saw Daniel cooking some pancakes. I went to the stove and Daniel let me take over cooking.

As we ate, Daniel struck up a conversation. "Do you want to have dinner at Shepherdess Walk Park, it's only a minute walk," Daniel suggested.
I thought for a few seconds "You mean a picnic?" I clarified. He nodded "I suppose it would be nice for our anniversary, and we haven't had a picnic for a while, but I do have school tomorrow. We can probably leave for the picnic at around 6, we can have dinner for a few hours, and get enough sleep; I think I care a little too much for health..." I rambled.

Daniel chuckled, still having a big grin on his handsome face. "What do you want for lunch? Leftovers or a sandwich?" I asked him.
Daniel laughed "Leftovers are fine," he told me. I nodded and heated up the leftover chicken schnitzel and placed it in two food containers, one for me, one of Daniel. I got some cutlery and wrapped them all in a checked napkin.

I placed them on the table and looked up at the time, it was 7, I got my book bag and opened a book and started doing some work "I thought we agreed you won't over work yourself?" Daniel into my ear, making me jump, not expecting him to be there.
"We did, and I'm just wasting time. I don't leave till 9, since my lectures start at 10, you, however, start work at 9:30, and leave at 8:40. So, I should do something productive," I explained.

"Leave it to you to play mind games and twist things for your benefit," Daniel sighed with a laugh. "You know that isn't why, it seems you have a never-ending stream of schoolwork, and I thought you did your schoolwork at night?" He asked, leaning against the table.

"I had work, so I couldn't do it," I said simply, Daniel shook his head while chuckling.
He then kept his grin on his face "You win," he laughed. He then remained quiet while looking at my work, whenever I glanced, he would still have his big grin plastered on his face. Once I finished, I looked up and my eyes widened "Daniel! Aren't you keeping an eye on the time!? It's 8:50, if you hurry you might be on time." I said.

Daniel kissed my head and rushed to the door "I'll see you later," he said as he went out, I looked out the window and saw he was doing a light jog. I chuckled lightly. He says his sisters can be airheads, but he doesn't seem to realise it might be a family thing.