Chapter 19

After an hour Daniel stood up, I looked over to him in surprised "I'm getting you a glass of water. After what you've done when we've drank before, it's only fair" he explained.
I nodded and let him go out and get me a glass of water. After two or so minutes Daniel had returned and gave me the glass. I drank it and brought the glass back to the kitchen.
I went back to our room and Daniel and I went to sleep.

__________________

Before we start, please note that italics is a dream.

I woke up to Daniels lose grip, I turned to him and saw he was still asleep. I sat up and got changed into a faded purple skirt that went to my shins, and a pale pink blouse which was a slightly low cut. I put on dark coat to keep me warm. I put on my heels and saw Daniel was still asleep, I sighed and went into the bathroom and put some powder on to hide the eye bags and lightly reddened my lips.

I came back into my room and saw that he was still asleep, I smiled and pulled his fringe back and lightly kissed his hair line, in hopes that the mark wouldn't be as noticeable.

I went downstairs and noticed the boys were around the tree, opening the presents "Gretchen, did Santa visit you last night?" Jack asked.
I chuckled "Santa knows I don't like gifts that much. He did leave me a note saying that he wished he could give me something, but since I'm fine with what I have now, I didn't get anything" I said, trying not to laugh.

Jack seemed shocked, Colin and Andrew shared an odd look, the two went up to me "You don't really believe in him do you?" They muttered.

I shook my head "Jack is still young, don't destroy the magic, surely you remember what it was like. I'll have to tell Daniel about the lie since he's still asleep" I explained.

I went back upstairs and went back into my room, I went over to Daniel and sat next to him, lightly messaging his head, he turned to me and smiled, groaning slightly trying to wake up "Good morning beautiful" he muttered, sitting up.
I smiled "Good morning handsome, there is a lie I have to inform you about, sorry to tell you so early in the morning" I started.
Daniel seemed upset, but sat up "As you could imagine, Jack still believes in Santa, so he thinks Santa visited last night, I told them that Santa knows I don't like gifts that much. He did leave me a note saying that he wished he could give me something, but since I'm fine with what I have now, I didn't get anything, so maybe apply the same logic, Jack should understand soon that Santa isn't real. I'm sure that when we go to the Christmas service tonight he'll figure it out" I sighed.

Daniel chuckled "You refuse to destroy his dreams, even though you've only known him for 2 years" Daniel smiled.
I nodded "Why destroy their happiness, when you know firsthand what it's like to have those spirts destroyed. Sure, it taught me it isn't all about presents, but it does hurt when you don't get anything for your birthday when you are a young child, Christmas is more debatable, due to how I was raised, I was taught about Santa, and heard about gifts my friends would get. It would hurt, but I understood it was due to money, I learnt that Santa wasn't real at a young age. I understand you had a different up bringing, I don't know how you felt, or feel" I sighed, resting my head on his, kissing his hair.

Daniel got up and made his way to the wardrobe, I stood up and was about to leave the room, Daniel grabbed my wrist "Why are you leaving?" he asked.
I noticed that he hadn't had his shirt one, I giggled a little "Put a shirt on, you'll freeze" I grumbled, going past him to get a suit set.
I picked one out and gave it to him "Here, I think you'll look good in it" I said giving him a deep red suit.