Chapter 55

A couple of hours later I started to make dinner, although everything kept going wrong, I kept cursing under my breath, hoping Gretchen didn't hear me. I heard some movement from the couch and looked back, seeing Gretchen sitting up, her eyes puffy from crying. "Dinner is almost ready, you can sleep," I said returning to cooking.

______________________________

Gretchen Pov

May 2nd

After a month, Daniel came home from synagogue, later than normal with a paper in his hand, and a smile on his face. "It's in the paper!" he exclaimed.
I raised an eyebrow, "What is? You have two reports a week- The German report!?" I asked, the report hitting me in the face.

Daniel nodded, "Yes, my parents and sisters read it, so that's why I'm here so late," Daniel said, sitting on the couch.
I sat next to him and read through the article. The report said how nothing can be completely certain, as information regarding it is top secret in the German Reich (Nazi Germany)

German Reich Political Report

In the past three months, three London Times reporters: John Smith, Samuel Stone, and Daniel Schröder (acting as translator and reporter) were in German Reich, reporting the political stances in the country.

The German Reich is under the lead of Führer Adolf Hitler, leader of the National Socialists Party, more commonly known as the Nazi Party, and the NSDAP (National Socialists Germans Workers Party). Mr Hitler is known for his dislike towards Communists, homosexuals, Jews, and people who openly campaign against him. While in Frankfurt they had found a Ghetto with said groups of people, as well as a Labour Camp in Dachau, in the words of an anonymous locals, '...It looks like a prison, and when there is smoke from the chimneys there is a horrid odour...'
While the reporters were there they saw conditions that the said discriminated groups face are inhuman and are simply going to lead to their deaths.
When asking an SA man, or brownshirt/Storm Detachment/Stormtrooper about the Ghetto the man said very little, claiming it was secret business, and there no one can get in or out without the permission of whoever is in charge.

While talking to residents of the German Reich, the reporters found that there are laws being put in place, giving any 'Aryan' or 'Pure-German' that supports Mr Hitler and his Nazi ideologies privileges, while anyone who doesn't has a death wish.

It is to be noted this is from what was said and seen, and that there isn't certain truth to it, as it is secret German Reich political business that the local public doesn't know of, so while it could be wrong, the translator, who was once a citizen of Germany (and who is part of the hated demographic) mentioned how his old co-workers at München Post are now in jail, and how he has faced heavy discrimination, being forced to sit with like classmates, and publicly mocked and beaten in the streets.

It is recommended not to go to the German Reich, as its law states how it is compulsory to do the political salute and say 'Heil Hitler' as a standard greeting, and that there is a high danger if you are to go.

Report by: John Smith, Samuel Stone, and Daniel Schröder

*Insert images of reporters and camp/ghetto*

(You can use your imaginations since this report, and reporters are a work of fiction, but the report is based on what is happening in Germany at that time)