Chapter 63

Daniel rested his hands on my lap while I held the book. After an hour Daniel kissed my neck softly, "Daniel, we should go to sleep," I muttered.
I felt Daniel chuckle, "Then let us go to bed," he said, straightening up.
I stood up, letting Daniel walk behind me.

_____________________________

August 8th

After Daniel came home from synagogue he sat down on the couch next to me while I was working on some sewing that Frau Cohen had taught me while I helped out with making some of the dress. 

I had started to sew some rose designs on a white dress. I noticed Daniel's eyebrows lift, "Should I be seeing that dress?" Daniel asked.
I chuckled, "You can, it's just a sundress dress that is white that I'm sewing to pass the time and work on my skills, and since your mother taught me some sewing to help with the wedding dress, and since I want to do some myself, maybe make more dresses by myself," I explained.

Daniel nodded, "I see, it's nice to hear that you and Mama are getting along better," he grinned, kissing my hair.
I chuckled slightly, "I'm almost finished, maybe another half hour, maybe an hour," I explained, returning to my sewing.
Daniel hummed, "I'll start making lunch, maybe, afterwards, if you've finished your sewing, I'd like to see how it looks," Daniel smirked standing up.

I nodded, "Let me know when it's ready," I mumbled not looking up from my sewing.
After half an hour I finished my sewing, "Gretchen, I've made lunch," Daniel called, placing Chicken Caesar Salad on the table along with the meat and dairy plater. 

I stood up, "Perfect, I've just finished my sewing, although, I have a request, can you hold the dress, just so I can see how it's turned out spread out in front of me," I asked.  

Daniel walked towards me, taking the dress from my hands. He held it from the shoulders and let it flow down. It should reach my shins and the hem had a plain rose design, the roses were red and there were a few leaves. The higher the roses were the lighter the red became fading into a pale pink. There were few roses, most of the colour changes happening in the petals.

I nodded to myself, "I think it looks nice," I whispered quietly to myself.
Daniel nodded slightly, looking at the dress, "It does look nice, it's plain, but the roses add some character to it," he commented, folding up the dress and passing it to me.

I grabbed it and kissed him quickly before taking the dress to our room. I returned downstairs and we started to eat lunch, "Gretchen, do you want to go out this afternoon for a date? Maybe after lunch?" he asked.

I thought for a moment, "It doesn't sound bad, what are you thinking we do?" I commented.
Daniel sighed, "I'm thinking we go for a stroll around London, go to a café for afternoon tea, maybe go to a cinema," Daniel suggested.
I nodded, "That sounds like a plan," I agreed.

After lunch, we went to our room and we all got changed. I decided to wear the white dress I was sewing. The lace collar was a pale pink, allowing the collar to match the roses I added near the hem.

I put the dress on and matched it with black heels, and a beige hat with a white ribbon around the base where it met the short brim of the hat. I got a brown bag and put my watch on. I went into the bathroom and put on some powder and rouge. I put on the necklace with a singular pearl Daniel had brought for me. I also put on a pearled bracelet.