Chapter 7

I nodded, there wasn't much, only some rules that he recently set, it also stated that it's a dangerous place to go for a holiday. "I'm not surprised on this report" I said after reading it, Daniel nodded in agreement.

_________________________

After a while I snapped out of my thoughts. "Are you ok Daniel? you seem to have lots of thoughts right now" I asked Daniel.
"I'm fine" Daniel said "I'm just thinking about what you said, she was using me. I'm just trying to figure out why I was in a relationship with her. It's not that like I was in a relationship for her looks" Daniel said, he put his head in his hands.

I could tell he was frustrated with himself, I don't often see him beating himself up so much. I'll admit I hate that he's talking about Jennifer, but I did ask him to talk about her, so it was kind of my fault. "I have a feeling that it's because I just wanted her to stop bugging me" he said quietly, however, he showed his anger by smashing his fist down on the table.

I took a few steps back, I hate it when people show anger physically since my brother and father would do that, and I know my father would kick and throw things, never at someone, and my brother had attacked me before due to anger.

Daniel seemed to have realised what he had done "Sorry Gretchen, I'm just confused, but don't you ever forget, you are always first, no matter what. You care about my future, you care about my happiness, and you don't care about wealth or status, as long as you can live. I always choose you, every time" Daniel said before sitting up and turning to me.

I nodded slightly "I know that I might regret asking this, but did you have lots of girls try to get your attention? It's just that a few friends of mine who have seen you made the comment that you're attractive, even I admit it was something I noticed the first time we met, although, I used the excuse that it was because you're a Jew and it was a trap..." I said, my face heating up.

Daniel started to chuckle "Are you jealous? And the answer your question, before Hitler raised to power, and affected lots of Berlin, I guess I had been asked out a few times, although most only asked once, maybe twice, as I said, Jennifer was the most persistent" Daniel explained. "Besides, before Hitler was popular in Berlin, we were youngish, well, adolescent, and I'm sure you remember what it was like, and it didn't do me many favours, and in the later years, when people start being intersted romance, antisemitism becoming popular..." he added

"That's all I wanted to know. You don't need to continue a conversation if you don't want to" I said. Daniel let out a laugh
"Whatever you say, Gretchen" Daniel said standing up and wrapping his arm around my waist.

He slowly leaned in, moving his hands to my head, bringing it closer his face. When our lips connected, he applied more pressure, deepening our kiss. He brought his hands back to my back, I lifted my hands to his shoulders, bringing him down a little. A few moments later Daniel pulled back to catch his breath.

"I love you, so much Gretchen" He muttered, resting his chin on my head, bring his hands back to my waist. I opened my eyes, breathing his scent in. I moved my hand to his back, holding him tightly.

After a few minutes of hugging, I pulled back, looking up at Daniel, it felt nice to be in his loving embrace. Daniel pulled back slightly, kissing my head. A few moments later I walked back "I'll have a look around in the ice box, see what I can make for dinner" I said, trying to regain my composure.

A few hours later I made dinner and served it. "So, when do you think you'll get your results backs for the university?" Daniel asked.
I thought for a few seconds "I'm not sure, we turned in a short time ago, and there would be lots of people applying, so I don't think we'll get my results for a few weeks" I told Daniel