Chapter 23

This is the last chapter/chapters, only from Daniels perspective

The next morning I surprisingly woke up before Gretchen. I got changed and I went downstairs and started to read the paper, since I was going to make breakfast, but I could hear Gretchen saying I was going to burn the house down. Gretchen came down a while later, I looked up when she came down the stairs "I would've made breakfast, but I could just hear you saying that I was going to burn it or poison us," I commented.
Gretchen nodded "Probably," she agreed. She made breakfast before putting it down.

Timeskip- February 14th

I woke up and saw that Gretchen had already gone downstairs, as she normally does. Today was Valentines, right? I'll check a little later and buy her some gifts. I got changed and saw that Gretchen was making breakfast and she turned around and saw me before turning her attention back to the stove. I went behind her and gently kissed the side of her head, resting my head on her shoulder.

She gave me breakfast and started to make lunch, surprisingly, she ought to eat "Aren't you having breakfast?" I asked.
"I start university at 10, so I'll make you some lunch now. Oh, I won't be able to meet up with you for lunch since I've got a class then" she said, I was glad, I could set up a surprise for her, maybe buy some roses and set up for a date for tonight. Gretchen finished making lunch and put it down. She then started to eat breakfast. Gretchen put my lunch in my bag. I got ready to leave and Gretchen quickly kissed me goodbye.

My editor had given me a task where I had to speak with a daughter of a politician, Mr Wood.
After I left the meeting, I went to the markets to buy Gretchen some roses for our potential date, I was going to buy some chocolates, but I knew she hated me spending money on her, so I only got Gretchen the roses.

After a few hours, I managed to get a few hours off, since I explained to my editor how I wanted to set up a date for my girl "Are you going to come back here?" he asked.
I nodded "I will, I just need to set it up, it should only take an hour or two," I explained. He nodded, I told Samuel my plan and left.
I was shocked to see Miss Wood out the front, I went out and she stopped me. "Mr Schröder, a word please," she requested.
I sighed, I really need to set this date up for Gretchen, but if she has something important to tell me... "What is it you need?" I asked, frustrated.
"Urm, I couldn't tell you sooner, well, ask you, well, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?" she asked.
I sighed "I apologies, Miss Wood, but I have a girl, and plan to go on a date her, you seem to be a good person, I'm sure you'll find someone." I said, attempting to step past her. 

But she didn't let me pass, I tried to step pass her again, and but she moved in front of me, I tried again, I couldn't care if I pushed her slightly, as long as she knew I had to get somewhere. But she stepped in front of me and kissed me, how dare she? I just told her I'm taken, and she just did that? I dropped the roses I had gotten for Gretchen from shock, but I was also trying to push her off.
I didn't want to hurt Miss Wood, but she shouldn't invade my space like that.

I was about to push her off, and I heard a gasp, and both of us turned to source of the sound, I saw Gretchen, she had just came from university and was holding a metal tin, she looked so hurt from what she just saw.
I didn't expect to see her, it would destroy the surprise I had set up, I pushed Miss Wood off, and stepped towards her.
"Gretchen! I-" I said panicked; I couldn't imagine what she was thinking.
"I don't want to hear it, Daniel," she choaked out, her voice laced with tears.
I heard Miss Woods high pitched giggle.

I rushed up to Gretchen and grabbed her wrist, trying to explain "Let go, Daniel, I don't want to see you" Gretchen snapped, I saw the tears go down her cheeks. I could see she was about to burst, but somehow kept it in.
"Gretchen- I can explain-" I begged, I could hear some of my own tears in my own voice.