Chapter 17

After 3 or so hours there was only a man named Samuel who didn't drink since he was also a lightweight, we bid each other goodbye and went our separate ways. I went home and unlocked the door, before locking it and going to the kitchen to get a drink of water. I washed it and put away before going upstairs.I saw Gretchen was asleep, I quietly got changed into my sleepwear and slipped under the covers and wrapped my arms around Gretchen, eventually falling asleep.

____________________

Gretchen Pov
December 23rd

I woke up to Daniels grip, grateful for his warmth, I wrapped my arms around him, not wanting to wake up. I wasn't going to work till after boxing day since it's the time for family.

I slowly fell asleep again and felt Daniel tighten his grip. I slowly pealed his arms away and kissed his head, not wanting to wake him up. He had spent all night with his co-workers for a Christmas Party. I got up and got changed into a dark forest green woollen turtleneck and a long dark green dress that would've showed little collarbone. I put on some boots and went into the bathroom and neatened my hair.

I heard the telephone and rushed downstairs, I quickly looked at Daniel and saw he was still asleep, thankfully. I picked up the receiver "Hello, Gretchen Whitestone speaking, how may I help you?" I asked.
"Gretchen, it's Alfred" I heard Alfreds voice say. "I was wondering when you and Daniel are coming over, and for how long?" Alfred asked.

"Well, Daniel is still asleep, so we probably won't be there till around one or two. We are intending on staying for the Christmas break, so from later today till maybe boxing day, or the next day" I explained.
Alfred made a sound of understanding "Sounds good, can you call us after you sort it out?" Alfred asked, I made a sound of agreement "I'll see you than" he said before hanging up.

I made some porridge for breakfast and sat and the table and ate it. After I finished, I washed the dishes, I saw Daniel walking down the stairs and he seemed shocked to see me washing the dishes "You've already had breakfast?" he asked.
I nodded "I didn't expect you to be awake yet, and if you drank, you'd probably sleep in till late morning, since you seem to be a light weight and drink non-stop, once you start" I explained, remembering my birthday.

Daniel chuckled lightly "I made sure not to drink much, since you mentioned that I was a quote and quote flirty drunk, and I don't want to risk anything without people I trust, not that I don't trust my co-workers, but I don't know if they'll look out for me, since they all drank" Daniel explained.

I laughed "On a slightly sadder note, I have a report to do on Christmas, it's at midnight, so I can still spend time with you and the Whitestones, since some politicians are having a party, and it's believed there might be something worth reporting on. So, I need to take notes, mainly since I'm going to Oxford, so that's why I got the report. I just need to take notes, so either I make a report, or give information to other reporter at The Times who works in an area that can cover it, like a society reporter there. I don't know how the chap likes it" Daniel added.

"I think you've spent enough time in England, chap is such a British thing to say, and you switched to English just to say it" I chuckled.
Daniel laughed lightly "I guess it's because we don't say it often in Germany, there's a translation, but almost no one uses it" Daniel commented.

I remembered my telephone call with Alfred "Alfred called, he asked when we are going to their house, and asked how long" I informed him.

Daniel nodded "We should probably leave at around 12, and we stay till the 27th, if that's agreeable to you?" Daniel offered.

I nodded "That's what I told him, I assumed you wouldn't wake up for about another hour or so" I explained. Daniel nodded and went to me, kissing the side of my head before going to his bowl. "It might still be warm, let me know if you want me to heat it up" I informed him.