Chapter 57

Daniel didn't answer for a moment, "It's very dim, it should be gone soon," Daniel muttered.
I nodded, "Am I good to put everything away, or would you rather I stay here?"
He sighed, "You should be good," he mumbled.
I nodded and quickly kissed his head before taking the rag and bowl to wash them.

_________________________________

May 29th

I woke up, still missing the warmth of Daniel's body next to me. I quickly got changed and decided to add the necklace Daniel had brought me for Christmas a few years ago. I styled my hair in a double twist bun and applied light cosmetics and putting my indoor shoes on since I leave my hat and tight lace-up boots that go to the lower shin at the door.

I went to the guestroom and knocked on the door, seeing if Daniel was awake, I heard a muffled grunt, "Can I come in?" I asked.
"Yeah," I heard Daniel reply, his voice croaky from the morning.

I opened the door and saw he was still lying down, an arm over his eyes to block the light. I chuckled slightly, "You know, it's hard to believe you are turning 23 this year when you act like that, even with your papers saying you're turning 22, you are acting like a teenage boy who doesn't want to go to school," I commented, sitting next to him.

Daniel sat up and looked at me, "And how would you know what that looks like?" he asked, having a slight grin.
"I did have an older brother, and it doesn't help that your sisters told me that you've never woken up early, all throughout your boyhood, and you would act like this while we moved from Germany to England," I reasoned.

"Which one told you that?" he asked.
I laughed and lightly kissed his head, "That is between me, and your sisters."
"I thought that you weren't going to show me any affection?" he asked.
With a sigh, I stood up, "Your punishment is over, I was originally going to leave it till tomorrow, but I changed my mind," I explained.

Daniel grinned slightly and sat up, grabbing his coat to keep warm. We walked down the stairs and I started to make scrambled eggs with toast. I could feel Daniel looking at me, "I can feel you staring at me," I said, walking over to get the plates. 

Daniel chuckled slightly, "Am I not allowed to look at my beautiful fiancée?" he questioned. (Realised that Fiancée is female, while Fiancé is male, but I believe Fiancé can be used both ways, similar to Blonde and Blond)
I quickly served the scrambled eggs and toast, sitting next to him, "You can, but it's so shamelessly, it is slightly embarrassing," I muttered, having a mouthful of breakfast.

We continued to talk as we ate, and we discussed the date for tomorrow night. We washed the dishes and Daniel got changed and started to edit one of his reports that are due tomorrow. I started to make us lunch and put them in a metal tin, putting it next to our bags.

After a while, we left for work and university. I ran into Edda who was talking with Isabelle, "Oh, Miss Whitestone, can I have a word?" Edda asked.
I nodded, "Sure, but call me Gretchen, please, it is way too formal," I added.

She quickly came up to me, "What is happening with you and Daniel? On Saturday he was in an awfully foul mood, and when Mathilde ran into him a couple of days ago he didn't look happy," she asked.

I chuckled nervously, "Do you know what happened last Friday and Saturday?" I asked. Edda nodded, "Well, to say that Daniel has been punished at home, he got a good scolding from both your mother and I, and I have refused to give him any affection, this does include verbal, he hasn't taken to this too well," I explained.

Edda looked like she was struggling not to laugh, "That's all? I never thought I'd hear that. It's so childish, and not like him, mainly since I've known him being single, and you two don't seem affectionate, at least in front of us," she commented.
I nodded, "That's what I said when he acted childish. As for affection, there are boundaries in front of you and your family, for example kissing or cuddling, it isn't socially acceptable, at least in front of other people. Normally hugs or kisses on the head, small words of affection, or even saying 'I love you,' in front of your partners' parents are fine, but if I'm honest, your parents scare me slightly. I feel they are very strict, and I feel even something like that is going to make me be frowned on by your parents, and your mother has made a comment about us being affectionate," I explained.