Chapter 24

I chuckled, "It looks good enough," I said. Gretchen made breakfast and put it down. I had started to eat, we ate in a fairly awkward silence. After we finished we, we washed the dishes and I left for work, I quickly kissed her forehead, trying to respect her space.

__________________________

April 20th

Gretchen Pov

I woke up and Daniels arms were lightly around me, since what happened in February, he had been rather distant, since he doesn't know what my new boundaries, although, I had tried to convince him that it was ok, and that I've come to terms with it, and told him that I knew it was a misunderstanding, and that he did nothing wrong.

It had been almost two months since, and I hugged Daniel, he must've been half awake, since he tightened his grip slightly, and kissed my head, "You're awake?" He asked.
I sighed, "Yeah, just tired," I muttered.
Daniels chest vibrated as he tried to suppress a laugh, "That sounds like you, come on, we need to get ready for the day," he murmured into my hair.

I looked up to him, he was staring at me softly, "Have you forgiven me yet, I can't help but feel like you haven't, and won't ever," Daniel whispered.
I tried to sit up, while staying warm, followed by Daniel, "More or less. I know it was an accident, and I know you regret what happened, you had no choice, or play in it. It hurts when I think about it, but I don't blame you. I've accepted that you would never do something like that, not unless you go through a huge change, I can't picture you cheating on me. So you have been forgiven a while ago. Late February, and during March, I forgave you." I tried to explain.

Daniel smiled, and I noticed that Daniel had started to have a few tears glistening in his eyes, before a few tears were slowly going down his face, he didn't seem to notice. I lifted my hands to his cheek before whipping the tears, I noticed Daniels neck reddened, I tried not to laugh, I cupped his cheeks and kissed him, before pulling back.
Daniel cupped my face, "I'm a baby, I know," he chuckled before kissing me.
I pulled back slightly, "No, you're human," I corrected him, connecting our lips again.

We stood up, got changed and went downstairs before Daniel got the paper and read it, while I cooked. After we ate, I walked Daniel to the Times, while we were walking there, I saw who Daniel said was Samuel, he smiled when he saw us together, "It's nice to see you two together again. And to see the both of you happy," the man said.

I quickly kissed Daniels jaw, the same thing I had done before our temporary break. Daniel seemed slightly embarrassed, but kissed my head in return. I left and made my way to the university. 

After university I walked back to the Times, waiting for Daniel. I sat on the stairs, waiting for him. Daniel came out shortly later, holding a pen and his spiraled spined notebook; it looked like he was going to a meeting, when I stood up, he must've have noticed me, "Gretchen, I'm sorry, but I have to go to parliament for a meeting with Mr Churchill, and I'd be late for synagogue, I would've liked to spend until than with you." He rushed; his German-Berlin accent more pronounced from how fast he was speaking.

 I sighed, "It's fine, I could tell from how rushed you were, and since you've got your notebook and pen. Now you should be getting to that meeting with Mr Churchill before you're late, I'll make something for you, and leave it on the table if I go to bed, how does Bavarian Pot Roast sound?" I asked.
Daniel nodded quickly, "Sounds perfect," Daniel said about to walk off.
"Does German Plum Tart work for a treat?" I asked.
Daniel nodded and quickly kissed me, "That sounds good, you like to push yourself in cooking," he chuckled before rushing off.