Chapter 18

Daniel had pulled me back and stood up and locked the door, something that he had learnt I did when I'm in a house with someone else I tend to lock the door. Daniel took his over coat and under coat off, I looked over to the time. I stood up and placed my winter nightdress in the bed and took my dress, slip and bra off before I put my nightdress on and laid down in bed, resting my head on his chest, falling asleep while listening to the steady beating of his heart.

_________________

I woke up and hugged Daniel, loving his presence next to me. I sat up and swung my legs over the side due to my bed being such a small bed. I pulled the blankets over Daniel due to the cold temperature.

I went to my closet and got a dark red turtleneck and got nude stockings before adding a dark grey or black skirt that went to my shins and put a forest brown belt on. I put my boots on and got a coat due to the cold weather.

I went over to Daniel and lightly kissed him, I messaged his sculpt. Daniel rolled over and opened his eyes and had a smile "Good morning beautiful" he groaned in his morning voice made my legs turned to jelly.
I smiled "Good morning handsome, I believe it's time for breakfast" I said kissing his head, messaging his head lightly, loving his soft fluffy hair.

Daniel chuckled and sat up, I left the room and saw that Julia had made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Daniel had came down while I was eating, he sat down, about to eat the bacon "Daniel, that's bacon. I can make you some scrambled eggs when I finish eating" I offered.

Daniel laughed "Sure, although, in honesty, I didn't think you liked bacon" he commented sitting next to me.
I shook my head "I don't buy bacon or pork products since I don't want to risk you eating it. The only form of pork I like is bacon, so as I've said, it hasn't been a big lost on my part. I do like bacon, I just don't eat it" I explained.
Daniel kissed my head "I forgot" he muttered.

I smiled "It's fine, I don't bring it up often, so I don't blame you for not remembering" I informed him.
I quickly finished eating and went into the kitchen to make him some scrambled eggs.

He had leaned against the counter as I cooked. He got out cutlery and I placed it on the table for him to eat.

I sat next to him while he ate "Do you want some?" He asked looking at me.
I shook my head "No, I'm good, I've already had breakfast" I informed him.

Daniel eyed me for a few seconds before he spoke "Gretchen, you've never eat much, it's concerning" he said.
I sighed "I'm honestly not hungry. I've lived poor, so I simply don't get that hungry, I also just don't eat much, partly since as a female, I don't need to eat as much as you, and my body type is rather thin, and it's genetical, not due to dieting" I explained. He nodded slowly, seeming to understand.
After he finished, he took the plate and washed it, I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Daniel started drying the dishes, when I saw he had finished I let him go and put the dishes away. Once I had done so Daniel went up to me and held my hand as we walked to the parlour "Happy Christmas Eve" I heard Julia say as we entered.

I saw the boys on the couch and their faces lit up and Daniel and I sat next to them and Jack had already started begging Daniel to tell stories of Captain Jack. Daniel chuckled lightly and started to tell him the stories, putting on an accent when other people were speaking.

I felt Colin tug on my sleeve, I turned over to him "Can tell me solider stories? Ones about the war, maybe ones your father told you?" Colin asked.
I thought for a few questions "Well, I don't know if you had heard about the football game on Christmas day on the Western Front" I started.