Chapter 1

'So how's it going over there? Wherever you are right now' I smiled, trying to make the bed with one hand.

Luke laughed, his laugh always sounded different on the phone, I just couldn't figure out what it was.

'It's going great here V, everything is always great here you know that. But how's my baby doing?' he asked.

I smiled 'I'm doing fine.'

'That's great.' Luke said 'I wasn't talking about you though'

I laughed, unconsciously putting my hand on my stomach.

'The actual baby is doing fine as well' I said, biting my lip.

'Good' Luke sighed.

'I hate that I can't be there with you right now' he said.

I sat down on the bed, my hand still on my stomach.

'I know. I'll send you pictures of the pictures though.'

'I know, but it's not the same'

'Yeah, but you can come with me to the next ultra sound, There will be another one when you're back.'

We were quiet for a few seconds before I heard Luke sigh.

'Just 4 more days ' he said.

'Just 4 more days' I repeated. 'Just make sure you have fun those last days of the tour alright? I'm sure you're going to miss it once you're back here'

'Yeah, it sucks that Australia is pretty much on the other side of the world, otherwise I would've been there' he said, basically ignoring what I just said.

'I know Luke, but I'm serious. Once you're back I am going to throw so much baby stuff at you that you wish you would've spent the last four days on tour not thinking about it'

Luke laughed 'I can't wait. Are you starting to show already?'

'Yeah a little, but we're still save for now'

'Good, please try not to tell anyone else' Luke carefully said.

'The fans won't find out yet I promise. I only told Finn because I needed someone to talk too. I'm not going to tell anyone else and neither is he. Except for my boss though, but that's just so that she can give me some extra hours off and stuff and so that I don't have to work from 9 to 9 anymore'

'Yeah, you really have to stop doing that now'

'I already stopped. Finn opens the store for me in the morning so that I can get a few extra hours of sleep'

'Alright, that's good. Listen I've got to go. It's the middle of the night and I'm keeping everyone up, but I'll call you tonight alright?' Luke said, followed by a yawn.

'Yes, of course, my tonight or yours?'

'That eh...I don't know, it depends on whether I'm busy or not when it's your tonight. But I'll call as soon as I can'

'Okay, Go have fun the last four days'

'I will. I love you'

'I love you too Lucas' I grinned, quickly hanging up on him so that he wouldn't be able to say anything else, he hated when I called him that.

I walked into the living room of Luke and I's apartment, looking at the clock to see it was time for me to leave.

I missed him, I missed Luke a lot.

He's been gone for almost 4 months and I missed him like crazy.

But every phone call we had, we counted down until the day they would get on the plane back home.

At first, we agreed that I would pick him up from the airport, but now that we've established that I'm pregnant and that there will probably be a lot of fans, we agreed on me staying home and waiting for him to get here.

Just to keep me and the baby, but mostly the baby, safe.

———-
AN:

Just ignore how short this chapter is, it was originally the prologue but I changed my mind and I tried making it longer but I can't.
The next one will be of normal length I promise :)