Chapter 25

'This is exciting' Ashton smiled widely.
'I'm excited'
I smiled, looking at the ocean in front of us.
The sun was shining brightly, blinding us at the places where it hit the ocean.
I was wearing my bikini and one of those kimono's that you usually wear to the beach and I felt very uncomfortable.
Everyone knew about me being pregnant so there was no use in hiding it anymore but there was something about walking around like this that didn't feel good, like I wasn't protecting the baby enough.
'I can't believe you're actually going scuba diving' I said, crossing my arms over my chest and following behind the guys.
Scuba diving always seemed like one of those extraordinary things that you'd only do once in your life and then never again.
'Me neither but we are' Calum said, smiling widely.
I nodded, and watched as they all showed their tickets to the guy standing by our boat and walking on deck.
Luke took my hand in his as he showed the man our tickets.
The man nodded, and welcomed us on board.
Luke helped me get on the boat, knowing these things sometimes still scared me.
'Are you going scuba diving?' the man asked when I was safely standing inside the boat.
I looked at him, seeing him looking from my face down to my baby bump and then back to my face.
'Oh no, I'm just here. I'm not going in the water' I smiled, placing my hand on my belly.
The man nodded and focussed on the next people that had arrived.
I looked at Luke who smiled and pulled me with him to the other guys.
We sat down on a little bench and waited for the boat to start sailing.
We sailed around the Pacific Ocean for 30 minutes, almost screaming at each other to make sure we could hear what the other said but it resulted into a very funny conversation.
When the boat finally stopped, Calum, Ashton and Michael followed the instructions of one of the crew members and put on a wetsuit in their size.
For every 1 crew member, there were 2 people who got to go in the water.
The crew member would guide the other people to the most beautiful parts and they'd be under water for about half an hour before going back up and taking 2 other people down.
There were about 5 or 6 crew members which meant that everyone would be able to get in at the same time since there weren't too many people today.
'Aren't you going?' I asked Luke as he looked at the guys struggling to get their wetsuits on.
'No I'll stay with you' he said, taking my hand in his.
'Don't be ridiculous, go. Just because I'm pregnant and can't do this doesn't mean you can't either.' I said, trying to push him off the bench.
The guys were now getting instructions about the oxygen tanks and the mouthpieces they had to breathe through.
'No it's okay, I'll stay here with you' Luke said.
'You're going to regret not going in' I said, looking at him.
His eyes following every movement of the crew member that was explaining everything.
'You don't have to stay here for me. I'll just sit here, enjoy the sun and relax for a bit. Please, just go'
Luke looked at me, doubt filling his eyes.
'Are you sure?' he asked.
'Yes!' I said, smiling at him.
'Go have fun'
Luke stood up and nodded, 'Alright then' he said as he walked to one of the crew members and asked for a wetsuit.
Michael and Ashton were up first, they both got an oxygen tank hanging on their backs as they jumped in the water.
Michael waved at me shortly and I smiled at him, waving back and watching them as they got their goggles on, put their mouthpieces in their mouths and followed the crew member under water, slowly going deeper and moving away from the boat.
As soon as they were far enough away, the next people jumped in and pretty soon it was just me, the captain and one other girl that were left behind.
I looked down at the water, dipping my fingers in it and playing around a bit.
The water was clear enough to see the white sand at the bottom.
I stared into the water for a while, occasionally seeing a few fish swimming by.
I heard the captain walking around, softly whistling some cheery song.
He sat down beside me and I looked up from the water.
He sighed and pulled a cigarette out of the pack he had in his hands.
He switched on the lighter and just when he was about to light his cigarette, he seemed to realize that there was a pregnant girl sitting beside him and he put the cigarette away.
I smiled appreciatively and focussed back on the water.
'You look like you really want to go in there' the man smiled, making me look up again.
'You can take a snorkel if you want? It's not as great as scuba diving but it's definitely still beautiful.'
I smiled 'Thanks but maybe later'