Chapter 30

'So wait' I said, turning around in my seat and looking at Cal, Mikey and Ash in the backseat of the car.
'Are Cal and Luke still the only ones in a relationship?' I asked.
I had fallen asleep for a few hours and felt much less sorry for myself than I did before.
Luke was still driving the car despite the fact that we all told him they could switch.
He said he was fine and he could go on a little bit longer. The guys trusted him and let it go so I decided to do the same.
Michael and Ashton looked at each other but neither of them answered my question.
'Are we?' Calum asked, now curious to what the answer was.
'I mean, I think you are yeah' Ashton mumbled.
'But?' I asked.
'But nothing, I'm not dating anyone and if Mikey's not dating anyone than yes, Luke and Cal are the only ones dating' He said, he still had a ridiculous headache form his hangover so he was a little grumpy.
'But you like someone?' I kept asking.
'I...no' Ashton said, his cheeks slowly turning to a soft pink color.
'You do!' I smiled 'Who is it?'
'You still like that friend?' Luke asked, grinning widely.
'What friend?' I asked.
'Ashton has a girl friend, Celine, and they've basically been inseparable all their lives and he used to like her but I thought you said it was less now' Michael said, looking at Ashton.
'I thought it was!' Ashton said, pulling his hands through his hair 'But then we hung out again before we left for this road trip and I feel like it came back 4 times worse than it was before'
'Aw, why do you sound so bitter about this?' I smiled. 'Why don't you tell her?'
Ashton glared at me as if I just told him I killed his favorite goldfish.
'I'm not going to ruin 22 years of friendship just because I'm starting to feel different' he said.
'You met each other the same year you were born?' I asked.
'Okay fine maybe not 22 to years...we met when we were 5 so 17 years of friendship but still! It feels like 22 because I don't remember ever living my life without her in it'
I smiled and looked at him as his cheeks were now bright red.
'Okay I'm sorry I'll stop bugging you' I said, realizing he was probably getting annoyed with me.
'What about you Mikey?' I asked, focussing my attention on him.
'Yeah what about that girl you met in the bar yesterday, she looked like she was definitely interested in you,' Calum grinned. 'Don't think we didn't notice you guys talking all night'
'I mean, she was nice. She had really pretty eyes' Michael said, twirling his phone in his hands.
'What's her name?' I asked, except for the nervous fidgeting he did with his hands before he started twirling his phone around he didn't seem to mind about us asking questions.
Michael smiled 'Freddie, her name's Freddie'
'Is it really?' Calum asked.
'Yes! She said her parents were expecting a boy and then she turned out to be a girl but they didn't want to let go of the name' Michael explained.
'Well I like it,' I said 'It's different'
Michael nodded in agreement 'I also learned she doesn't like beer and turns out she's a vegetarian too'
'That must've been hard on you' Ashton grinned, his cheeks back to their normal color.
'Not really, I mean. She doesn't mind it too much when other people eat it but she doesn't eat it herself'
We all nodded and went quiet for a few seconds.
'Did you give her your number?' Luke asked.
Michael nodded, his cheeks now starting to turn red just like Ash's had a few minutes ago.
The guys all made some enthusiastic noises, letting out some things like: "You were on a roll last night dude" and "Good for you now use it"
'Wait how did you get her number?' Calum asked.
Michael laughed.
'Well, we started talking because she was looking for her friend and I somehow convinced her to drink something with me and after we spent the whole night talking her friend suddenly came around and Freddie told me she was going to take her home. So I offered to help her but she declined so instead I wrote my number in the notes on her phone and told her to call me if she needed the help after all'
The guys all grinned 'That's pretty smooth'
Michael smiled and looked down at his phone.
'Is that why you're keeping your phone in your hands?' I asked.
'Because you're waiting for her to text you?'
'No, she already did. She told me she got back home safely last night' Michael said, looking up and smiling proudly.

---------
A/N:
We're almost at 10k! :D