Chapter 1.

Connor's POV.

It's been three months since we killed Fenris. I haven't made much progress with my memories. I spend a few hours every week at my mothers grave.

It makes me feel closer to her. I have had the same dream again. The one where Fenris kills her and each time she says something different to me.

It's weird, she's told me to be patient, she's told me that everything will be ok. She always tells me she loves me and it breaks my heart every time.

On the bright side, I have Amber by my side. She and my father are teaching me about Alpha business, what I need to know as time goes by. I know I'm nowhere near ready.

Amber is so patient with me and I know I love her. I wish I could remember more, but I just can't. It's annoying at times.

I am currently sitting in my room. Amber is off running the pack and I came here for a nap. I had that nightmare again. My dreams change at times as well. I have nightmares about what Fenris put me through when he wiped my memories.

I remember the excruciating pain, the fear, the absolute crazy laugh of Fenris as he does it. I stand up and he's to my closet. I grab one of my  cozy sweatshirts. I slip it on and go to the door.

I open it up and leave. I head to the kitchen to grab me a snack. There in the kitchen is my father. He's currently cooking something on the stove. He turns to look at me.

A small smile comes across his face. " Just in time. I'm making rice and sausage. Sit down. It's almost done. " says Alpha Conan.

As I take in the debt of the food, my stomach begins to growl. It really does smell good and who am I to turn down free food. I follow his instructions and sit down.

" Another nightmare I take it?" He asks.

He and Amber are the only ones who know about the nightmares. " Yeah, another one. " I reply.

" Same one, or something else?" He asks.

" Same one. " I say.

He sighs. " I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. If I could take away your pain and those nightmares, I would. " says Alpha Conan turning off the stove and getting the bowls ready.

I don't reply, mainly because I don't know what to say. He soon sets a bowl in front of me and I nod thanks to him. He offers a small smile before sitting down across from me. The two of us start to eat and I look at him.

" She told me to be patient, that I'll remember soon enough. " I finally say.

He knows I'm talking about my mother. " Listen to her. She was very wise. " says Alpha Conan.

I nod in reply. " I know it's difficult to see that memory almost every night and not know what she really said before she died, but just remember. Amber and I are here for you to help get you through it. If you ever want to talk about it, about her. Let us know. " he says.

" Thank you. That means a lot. " I reply.

We finish eating soon and after that I say bye to my father and leave the pack house. While Amber is working on helping rebuild the remainder of the pack and fix what was broke to begin with, I've been making myself familiar with the pack grounds.

I was greeted by a few pack members on my walk and I greeted them back as well. They looked really happy to see me. I wish I could remember them as well.

I'll take my mothers word and be patient. I know my mind will heal in time. It's just difficult to be in the pack that is actually my childhood pack and not remember a single person that lives there.

They all remember me and I just wish I could return the favor. " Connor, are you ok?" Asked a voice behind me.

I turned to see Amber standing there with a look of pure concern on her face. I couldn't answer her. I have no idea what to say. She seems to understand and walks up to me. She presses a kiss to my forehead and then pressed her forehead to mine. Our hands intertwined.

" I know this is hard for you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Just know, you're not alone with this. I'll always be by your side. " she says.

I smile and close my eyes. I allow myself to relax in her arms as she hugs me. She always knows exactly what to say and do to get me to relax.

" I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me. " I whisper.

" I would give you the world if you asked me too. You deserve that and more. " she whispered back.

Unable to help myself, I connect our lips in a kiss. I feel her smile before she kisses back. We break the kiss and she lets out a little laugh. " You are so beautiful. You know that?" She says.

" Beautiful?" I say with a laugh.

" It's a manly beautiful. " she replies.

I can't help, but to burst out laughing at that. Leave it to her to say something to make me laugh. She laughs with me. " That was a good one. Man, I love you.  " I say.

She grins. " I love you too. So so much. " she replied. " Let's go back to the pack house. I have some paper work to finish and I'd like to show you how I do it. "

I nod in reply. " That sounds great. Let's do it. " I say.

She grins and pulls me in the direction of the pack house. She always knows how to make me feel better. Man, I am so freakin' lucky to have a mate like her.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Welcome to the fourth book. I sure hope you guys will enjoy it. Next chapter will be in Amber's POV. Until then :-)