Chapter 49

Amber's POV.

Sasha got so into the song and dance, people were enjoying it so much. She taught a lot of people how to do the dance. Some kids even sang along with her. It was adorable.

Connor was grinning as he watched us. Clayton clearly can't dance but it was funny to see him try. Tasha led him along in the dance. They really are a cute couple.

Soon the song ended and I made my way back to the table to sit back down next to my mate. Connor looked over. " Looks like you had some fun." He said.

I smiled at him. " Tasha and I learned that dance the second it appeared in that movie. We use to do it all the time just for fun. " I said.

" Well it looked fun. " he replied.

" It's was. You should have joined us. " I told him.

" I'd have made a fool of myself. " he said.

" We made fools of ourselves, but that's just part of having fun. " I say.

He shrugs and switches songs on the iPod. " Found anything yet?" I ask.

" No. I can't seem to find the right song. There's so many to choose from. " he said.

" Yeah, I have a wide variety of songs I like. How about this, tell me what it is your looking for in the song and I can hopefully lead you in the right direction. " I say.

He looks over and set the headphones on the table and offers the iPod to me. " This might sound silly, but I'm looking for a song that says I'm still fighting. One to prove to Fenris that he doesn't have a hold over me anymore. One that encourages me and others to be stronger. A song like that. " he said.

I smile and get a warm feeling in my chest. That's so sweet. He's grown so much. " That doesn't sound silly at all. I know many songs for that category. " I say shifting through the iPod.

" You do?" He asks.

" Yes. I have songs for just about every category out there. Love, heartbreak, revenge, strength. Anything really. " I say.

" So off the top of your head, what song comes to mind first?" He asks.

" One of the ones that comes to mind is the song Fighter from Christina Aguilera. " I say.

" What's it about?" He asks.

" It's about a girl who's gone through a tough relationship. The guy took advantage of her kindness and she's had enough and let him know that she's still a fight and no matter what he did to try and hurt her, she turns around and thanks him for it, telling him it's what's made her stronger. " I say.

" Wow. That's a good song. " he replies.

" It really is. She's one of the best female vocalists out there. " I say.

" Any others?" He asks.

I stop at a good song and smile. This one seems perfect for him. I pass over the headphones. " You might have to read the lyrics as you do the Karaoke, but I think this one might help you a lot. " I say.

He hesitantly takes the headphones. He puts them in his ears and listens to the song I play for him. As he listens it clear that he's deep in thought.

I personally love this song and I hope it's everything he's been looking for and more. After he finishes the song he turns off the iPod and sets it up.

" Well... what do you think?" I ask.

" I think you just found me my song to sing. " he answers.

I give a little cheer. " That's amazing Connor. I'm so glad you like it. " I cry.

" It's all thanks to you. " he said.

" You're making it sound like I saved the world or something. " I say.

" You saved my world. " he says.

I freeze for a moment. He sighs and looks at his hands. " I've been thinking about it. As much as I like my space and the place you're fixing up for me. I think I made the wrong choice in wanting space from you. " he said.

My eyes widen. " What made you think that?" I ask.

" I thought the stress of being around a bunch of people was making my healing take longer but now I see it was me. I wasn't allowing myself to relax and enjoy the care you were offering to me. You took care of me the second I needed it after getting that memory and it helped a lot. I would still like my own room but you are welcome in anytime. I don't want to live in my own building anymore. " he says.

" You're amazing. You know that. " I say to him.

" No actually. I'm not. You're the amazing one. " he says. He turns to look at me. " I don't know how you do it Amber. You remain so strong after all the trauma and anguish you've been out through. How do you do it?"

" Sometimes I don't even know. When you were taken from me I was devastated. I didn't know what to do but after a while something just snapped into place. I knew I needed to be the strong one for both of us at that time. It would have been far to easy for me to let myself slip into a dark depression, but I had family with me and hope that you would one day come back to me. I never gave up hope. " I said. My hand subconsciously fiddling with the ring on my ring finger.

" I'm glad you didn't. " he said.

" I want to sing a duet before we leave here tonight. One for just me and you. " I state.

" I would love that. " he says with a crooked grin.

" C-can I kiss you?" I ask.

" You never have to ask. " he says leaning in and closing the gap between up in a kids that sends those all to familiar sparks through my body. How I've missed this.

I kiss back and gently place a hand onto the side of his face. I know I need to tell him we're engaged as it is his right to know. " Remind me later that there is something very important that I need to tell you. " I say as we gently break apart. I rest my forehead against his.

" Yes ma'am. " he answer. He kisses me again before breaking away. I grin at him. I then look to the stage and see my parents sitting on stools up there.

" This song is for those of you in love out there in the crowd. I hope you'll enjoy. " says my mother.

I smile at them. This should be good.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know who's POV you want to see next. I do not own the songs. They belong to the people that do. Until next time guys :-)