Chapter 52.

Clayton's POV.

My heart is racing. I've been going over what songs to sing in my head and I've come to the conclusion that I will be singing the song called Miss Independent from the singer Ne-Yo.

I've heard the song so many time that I shouldn't have an issue remembering the words. I will be just fine. Everyone's done great with their songs tonight. Connor even decided he'd do a song. That's a huge step.

I shouldn't be so nervous about this. I told Tasha I couldn't sing. I can barely hold a tune, yet here I am doing this to have fun with everyone. I'm sure I'll relax once I get started with the song.

I feel the stairs up to the stage underneath my feet and know that there's no going back. I'll do this for Tasha. She's so strong and this song reminds me of her.

Once I make it onto the stage I turn and select my song. I then move up to the microphone and smile at the crowd with the dorky smile I always wear. Everyone grins back at me.

Ok, maybe this won't be so bad and if I embarrass myself, who cares. I do it all the time anyway. I nod at the guy manning the machine that I'm ready. The intro to the song starts and my nerves spiral to the surface.

I reach my shaky hands up to grip the microphone as I start doing the beginning vocals. He's just vocalizing the words Yeah a few times but it's still something.

I see Tasha light up as she recognizes the song. That gives me the courage I need to start singing the lyrics. " Oh it's something about, just something about the way she move. I can't figure it out. It's something about her. " I start.

Tasha beams up at me. Ok, so my voice may not be all that bad, but still. Singing in front of cross just isn't my thing.

" said Ohh is something about, kind of woman who want you but don't need you. Hey, I can't figure it out. It's something about her. " I continued to sing.

Tasha was now dancing along to the song in her chair as she looked up at me. Amber and Connor were smiling as encouragingly as they could. Which was very helpful. I wish Cassandra was here too. Then she'd bring Kurt and we'd have the full gang back together. I miss our time we used to spend together.

" Cause she walk like a boss, talk like a boss. Manicured nails to set the pedicure off. She's fly effortlessly. " I sing.

Tasha giggled a little as my voice slips into where it's slightly mocking the way the original singer sings it. I can't help it sometimes.

" and she move like a boss, do what a boss do, she got me thinking 'bout getting involved. That's the kind of girl I need. Oh. " I sing more.

As I sing my mind goes back to the first time I met Tasha and our eyes locked. It was the most amazing moment in my life. I remembered the wind changing and smelling her scent for the first time before following the scent and my eyes landed on her.

She's always been so beautiful but it was like she was glowing at the time. Her hair flowing around her and the way she looked into my eyes. Nothing aside from marking her has ever topped that feeling that I felt that night.

" She got her own thing, that's why I love her. Miss Independent, won't you come and spend a little time. She got her own thing. That's why I love her. Miss Independent, Ohh the way we shine, Miss Independent, yeah. "

I then start the vocalizing again. I take a small look away from her to the crowd to see their loving it as well. It warms my heart to see some of the guys singing along with the song, directing their words towards their mates.

I look back at Tasha and she gives me two thumbs up. I feel my body start to move on it's own to the music. I'm slowly getting into the swing of things. My nerves fading away and leaving behind joy.

This must be why Tasha wanted me to enjoy this all along. " Ohh there's something about, kind of woman that can do for herself. I look at her and it makes me proud. There's something about her. " I sing.

Those words are true. She makes me so proud of her and she means the world to me. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone but her.

" There's something oh so sexy about, kind of woman that don't even need my help. She said she got it. She got it. No doubt. There's something about her. "

Tasha is now up out of her chair dancing along with Amber, who she must have talked into getting up and dancing with her.

" Cause she work like a boss, play like a boss. Car and a crib she bout to pay em both off, and her bills are paid on time. She made for a boss. Only a boss. Anything less she telling them to get lost. That's the girl that's on my mind. "

As I work my way into the chorus again I start to feel the music more. I am by no means a dancer but I can feel my playful side tearing it's head and I start to do this silly dance by swinging my hips wildly to the best of the song.

I too the microphone off the stand and hold it in one hand as I sing the rest of the chorus. As I make it to the bridge I see Tasha is grinning like mad.

Her cheeks red with a blush and she's just shinning so brightly. " Mmm, her favorite thing to say " don't worry I got it." And everything she got best believe she bought it. Mmm she goin' steal my heart. Ain't no doubt about it. Girl, your everything I need. Said you're everything I need."

I go into the final chorus and everyone's up and dancing along. Mates together, those beginning their relationship and those far too deep in already. Smile plaster across every face and Tasha looks at me with a look of pure adoration.

I finally finish up the song. " Miss Independent. That's why I love her. "

Claps are heard throughout the building and I take my eyes off of my wonderful mate for a moment to do a dramatic bow and thank everyone.

I then leave the stage and walk over to Tasha. She meets me halfway in a bone crushing hug. Her lips firmly planted against mine.

" That was amazing Clayton. I'm so proud of you. " said Tasha.

" Anything for you Tash." I say.

She kisses me again and pulls me back towards the table as another couple gets on the stage to sing a duet. The night is close to being over but it's been by far the best night I've had in a very long time.

It can only get better from here and by the looks on everyone's faces, I can tell they are thinking the same thing.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Sorry late chapter. I hope this one was good. Everyone need a a nice lighthearted feel good chapter to get you through the day. The next chapter will lead up to the start of Connor's song. I hope you will all enjoy. We are finally getting to the moment I've been waiting for. Until then guys. :-).