chapter 42

Jungkook washed him up, dressed him up, fed him dinner, gave him his meds and now he is trying his best to get the boy to sleep.

"Come on, go to sleep." Jungkook caresses his hair. "Your temperature is 101 degree, Jimin."

"That's because I'm hot." Jimin smirks and looks at the man.

Jungkook chuckles at the boy, who's head is resting on his lap. He nods and smiles like he agrees to whatever the kid is saying. "Okay, my hot kid. Please sleep now, will you?"

Jimin rolls his eyes. "Hot and kid never go with eachother, don't you know that?"

"But you call me daddy-"

Jimin's smile drops. He realises that too late. Right, he calls him daddy but he didn't mean it as a kid and Dad relationship, did he?

"You know I didn't mean it that way..." he stressed on his words, his hands fiddling with Jungkook's buttons.

Jungkook grabs Jimin's hands and holds them still, before he could unbutton another button and reveal Jungkook's shirt open now.

"...Jimin," he calls.

Jimin's gaze dart from his buttons to te man's eyes now. "hmm?" he raises his brows.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid while I'm gone away."

Jimin makes a face. "what?" he asks ridiculed.

"you heard me." Jungkook's groans. "Don't do anything stupid. Even if I might not be available, or offline or even if I'm not to your reach, you'll stay strong and not behave foolishly. Most importantly...." he runs his thumb downs Jimin's cheeks. "...you won't hurt yourself baby, hmm?"

Jimin is about to say something but Jungkook gueses it to be something else than his promise.

"Just promise me this, Jimin. You won't attempt anything that'll make me regret my decisions. I don't wanna regret this. I don't wanna regret going off my limits and being with you."

The next thing he says makes Jimin mute.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me Jimin." he grabs the boy's face on either side. "I don't wanna regret us..." he pleads so needily, as he pressed his forehead agaisnt Jimin's.

Jimin's heart sinks in his chest. He's chest id moving evenly but he has forgotten how to breath. His voice is stuck in his throat and he has forgotten how to speak.

This feeling. It hurts and ticklish at the same time. It gives him goosebumps all over his skin like he's seen a ghost but the butterflies he got in his belly right now was something he couldn't ignore either.

He never saw this side of the man. This vulnerable and weak side. This side which seemed like was meant only for Jimin and only him.

The needy voice Jungkook spoke in, the large hands grabbing onto his face, foreheads pressed together, hit breaths on each other's lips and those promising words.

Oh this is something Jimin hadn't ever felt in this world and he loves this feeling.

"I promise." he says.

Jungkook pulls over and looks at his eyes as Jimin does the same. They just stare at each other faces inches away.

Jungkook can feel his heart doing things and making him wanna say something. The urge to confess on how he feels for the boy builds up inside him suddenly.

So what if he says it right? Jimin has confessed him plenty of times. It won't be embarrassing, would it?

"what's wrong Mr Jeon?"