chapter 51

Haeun can't think straight anymore. She just quitely sits on the edge of her bed, fiddling with her fingers.

Just then Jungkook gets in the room making Haeun raise her head. He shuts the door behind him and sighs a tired breath.

"Jungkook." Haeun calls out as she gets on his feet. "What is it? Please tell me..."

Jungkook nods. He grabs Haeun's shoulder and makes her sit on the bed again. Then he kneels on the floor in front of her and grabs her hands.

Haeun stares at the man, her heart is beating fast, nervousness seeping inside her cores by the way Jungkook is acting.

"Haeun, I'm sorry." he mumbles as he rubs his thumb on the back of her hand.

"why?" she whispers.

"I've done something which I know isn't worthy of forgiveness," Jungkook pauses to take a breath like he was out of one.

Haeun gulps. "Jungkook, you're scaring me. Please don't act this wa-"

"I've slept with Jimin."

Haeun stays stoned. With her lips still parted to say something but she doesn't.

Did she misheard him? Did she?

She shakes her head and squeezes Jungkook's hand. "What-....I mean whats going on? Hey Jungkook...W-what are you talking about? " she stops when Jungkook raises his head and meets gaze with her.

And this time she gasps. The way he is looking at her, she knows he isn't hiding. She knows he us telling the truth. She realises she heard him correct.

Jungkook gulps a lump and nods. "I-....I don't know what to say much. I don't think you need an explanation and I can't even explain. It's just-" he sighs. "It's insane and it's ridiculous and I just know..."

"no no no no..." She shakes her head. "I still don't get this. You....slept with him? As in slept? Did you both?" she questions with a hint but she breaks down when he nods in return.

Haeun pulls her hand off his, like she is disgusted to touch him anymore, so that his hands resting on her lap.

"You-..." she looks at him with teary gaze. "You dare to say that to my face?"

"I can't keep this within myself anymore, Haeun. I-"

"Why Jungkook?!" she yells. "Why? Why does it have to be him? Why does it have to be anyone??!"

Haeun grabs onto his collar weakly. "Did you think the deal we made was still valid? Did you seriously think I'd accept this? Did you fucking forget that we have a son to take care of? It's been eighteen years since our marriage, Jungkook!!"

"I didn't want this Haeun!" he yells back making her stop. "I never wanted this life... I didn't want us to-" he says in a shaky voice.

He suddenly grabs onto her shoulders. "Where did it go wrong Haeun?" he sniffs. "Tell me Haeun. W-we were buddies...we-"

Haeun gulps and stares back at him with glazed eyes, speechless to his question.

"Where did it all go wrong? I never wanted this....us" he hungs his head low and leaves her shoulder. "I didn't want to do this either Haeun...I didn't. "

"But he is your son's friend," Haeuns screeches. "For God's sake he is a kid Jungkook-"

Jungkook nods again. " I know. I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Haeun scoffs. "sorry Jungkook? What should I do with your sorry? Mend the fact that you literally slept with a kid? How is your sorry going to bring back his virginity?"