Chapter Fourty Eight

Authors note:

Chapter 1 of 2 in a double upload, hope you enjoy!

-Shae

- - -

As they stood watching the group of students Kazua continued his explanation.

'Aiden and myself have decided that even if he does not have a Soulmate, he will be staying in the academy.

Perhaps at the very least he might become a teacher, I know you are always looking for more since there are only four of you.'

Daniel sighed, glancing over briefly to watch Sora and the Prince. The two of them seemed to be having a nice time together as he could see a smile on the boy's face. He made no mention of their strange position, it was not his business at the minute.

"We are looking for more professors and he is very gifted, I'm sure it will be no problem convincing the board to keep him in the program with the intention of him staying to become a teacher. However we still don't know for sure that his Soulmate isn't here, correct?

If my memory serves me well he didn't even interact with them yet."

The beast shook his head, tail flicking in annoyance as he watched the young dragons show off their arrogance.

'His Soulmate is not among the ones here, he has already told us.'

"But how can we be sure if he hasn't even spoken to them yet?"

The beast was silent for a few moments, contemplating something before he finally spoke.

'I believe in his judgement. His soul is far too.. experienced, let's say, for his counterpart to be any of the immature young ones here.'

Kazua let out a snort of amusement at the mere thought of Sora's Soulmate being one of dragons before them.

"You say his soul is experienced, but what does that mean exactly? Do you mean to imply that he is older than he looks?"

The beast shook his head, letting his eyes drift over to the one in question. The old teacher followed his gaze and they both watched as the Prince placed a quick kiss on Sora's cheek before the boy hid his face against Aiden's neck.

The old man couldn't contain his questions any longer.

"What is going on between the two of them?"

The dragon snorted, smoke billowing from his nostrils with the abrupt heating of his chest. Jealous of Aiden's attention being solely on Sora or vice versa, the old man couldn't quite tell.

'Is it not obvious? They are in like with each other.'

Daniel froze mid way between turning to look back at the doting duo. He trained his eyes back on the dragon before him, shock holding his eyes wide.

"Are you certain of this?"

The beast nodded.

'I have heard Aiden's thoughts straying here and there. If it was not obvious enough by how he treats the boy his thoughts would have given it away eventually.'

The teacher sighed, pinching his eyebrows in thought.

"And what does his father think of this?"

'Mallory has not been told I'm sure. If Aiden has yet to inform me properly then I highly doubt his father would know more than I.'

The teacher took a deep breath trying to process this new information. He had known the Prince for his entire life, being there to witness him growing up and maturing.