Ch12: Blooming Attraction

"I'M DONE."

With that she cut the call. Her hands shivering as she threw her phone on the bedside drawer.

Don't panic. Please. Breathe.

She put her head in her hands. Begging herself to stop crying and to just breathe.

I need to distract myself!

She got up and started pacing around the room. Her panic only got worse.

She couldn't breathe. Her mind stuck on her mother's words. She sucked in sharp breaths as she felt suffocated. She tried to reach for her phone and call for someone who could help her. She felt dizzy and fell to the ground.

Her hands supporting her fall. She felt faint.

As she fell to the floor, before losing her consciousness her mind was stuck on someone calling her name in alarm.

Her ears started ringing as her mind drifted off and became completely blank.

Meanwhile in Delhi {Singh's Residence}

"I'm trying to call her but she's not even picking up her phone."

Ashok, Chandralekha's father added frantically while Asmita, Chandralekha's mother sighed frustratedly.

"Let her be. She's just a cranky child. Stubborn as an added personality trait. Doesn't even realize whatever we as parents do is for her own good."

Asmita replied harshly, while getting up from the bed and on her way towards the kitchen.

"A SPOILT BRAT. ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU PAMPERING HER ALL THE TIME. You tell me ashok, do you think she can stay here in this house her whole life?"

Asmita turned towards her husband grabbing his attention.

"She damn can if she wants to. This is her house too and I don't think there is no future for her if she doesn't get married. She's not gonna die for God's sake, Asmita."

Asmita scoffed at her husband's words.

"Don't be ridiculous ashok. You very well know what people will say if she breaks off this too. As if she hasn't embarrassed us enough."

She muttered under her breath while Ashok spoke with gritted teeth.

"Asmita I have never stopped you in saying anything. Be it being strict with our children or be it treating them with harshness. I have always supported you in everything because I felt that you were doing the right thing. But this time you've crossed the limits."

Ashok Singh muttered out.

"OH. SO I HAVE CROSSED THE LIMITS? DID YOU NOT HEAR YOUR DAUGHTER AND HOW SHE SPOKE WITH ME? IS THIS THE WAY CHILDREN SHOULD TALK TO THEIR PARENTS? ARE THESE MANNERS?"

"That child of ours has suffered so much and yet you give her no break. At least look at her. Her entire life up until now, all she has done is fend for us. Even after you scolded her that day and blamed her for everything, she still loves you and mind you, any other child in her place would've never cared to look your side after the way you treated her! Do you not feel empathy for her at all?"

Asmita sat on the bed beside him with tears flowing down her own face.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK I DON'T? OF COURSE, I DO. SHE'S MY CHILD TOO. BUT I CAN NEVER FORGIVE HER FOR WHAT SHE'S DONE."

She tried to hold his hand but he swatted it away.

"HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THIS? HOW CAN YOU BLAME AN INNOCENT CHILD FOR THE ACCIDENT? IT'S NOT HER FAULT!"