Ch48: The Proposal

Chandralekha wrapped the pleats of the saree carefully, twisting and tying them around neatly as she held a safety pin between her lips.

Securing the pleats, she took the pallu, opening it a little to cover her arms as she secured it too.

Putting on a light lipstick, a light eyeshadow and kajal under her eyes, she looked at herself after getting ready. Feeling proud of all the makeup related lessons Soniya had given her and that actually worked, she sat down on the armchair waiting for Vikram.

She still had no idea why she was getting so fancily dressed for just another dinner with the family.

She opened her phone, scrolling through the call logs, seeing neither Soniya nor Chhaya had called her. She even checked the messages to see if they'd responded to any of her previous ones but they were unread too.

It is as if they've vanished off the face of the earth.

She switched off her phone, realizing there was nothing she could've done right now as she stared at the door, waiting for it to magically open, revealing Vikram.

It had been just seconds since she was staring at the door when a sudden knock broke her out of her trance.

She walked over to the door, opening it and seeing Vikram again, standing on the opposite side.

Today, somehow they both were matching.

She wore the white saree she had brought while he was wearing a white suit that fit his body to perfection, not an inch out of place. Seeing Vikram in black had always fascinated Chandralekha, but she didn't know if white could make him look as breathtaking.

Now looking at him, she realized that white was probably her favorite on him.

A/N: I know Vikram's outfit isn't exactly how I had described it, but you have the liberty to imagine it however you want

She couldn't manage to take her eyes off him and didn't bother clarifying why she was staring.

"You look.."

Catching Vikram's attention, she widened her eyes, her hands automatically fanning herself to show how his attire had made her feel.

"Lethal."

Vikram couldn't help but chuckle, realizing that he had forgot to compliment her on her outfit.

Pulling her closer, his hands on her waist he said

"You stole my line, Jaan."

Chandralekha bit her lower lip trying to control the enormous smile that was forming on her lips.

Moving aside, she placed her arm between his as she motioned for him to start walking.

"Aage aage dekho hota hai kya."