Ch42: Back in Udaigarh

A/N: ok y'all I have a song recommendation.

🎶Ajab Si- KK🎶
🎶Mast Magan- Arijit Singh, Chinmayi🎶

---------- 🥀----------

AUTHOR'S POV

The next morning, the Singh's had woken up early to see him off.

Vikram had called a personal chauffeur from Udaigarh just to pick him up because he didn't prefer to go by flight anyways.

The neighbors were curious and astonished to see a Black Rolls Royce entering their locality as they saw it stop at the Singh's residence.

Vikram packed whatever little clothes were sent to him, all ready to leave but also not because he knew he'd miss seeing Chandralekha's face just after a few hours.

He walked downstairs with his suitcase in hand as Chandralekha waited at the bottom of it, gaping at how big his forearm looked with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, veins protruding with a large suitcase in hand which he picked up with ease.

Chandralekha tried contacting her mind to stop herself from thinking about 'not so innocent' pictures of him.

She gulped, still staring at him walking downstairs taking his sweet time.

He hadn't noticed her staring, but to assure anyone he'd be more than glad to see her attention solely on him.

When he finally reached the end, Chandralekha moved back a little and then smiled at him, which was greeted by a smile from him too. They both shared no sort of conversation.

They had spoken about everything yet they wanted to say more, but there was nothing that would be suitable for this moment.

Their hearts itched to confess their love for each other.

But Chandralekha was waiting for Vikram, who still had a lot of planning to do for proposing to her.

That was what was in his mind and the only reason why he was leaving.

First, he was going to inform his parents just as he had done with Chandralekha's.

Second, he was going to sit around with Anushka, planning the exact location, flowers, arrangements and the speech.

Third, he was losing his mind over this.

I have never proposed anyone. How am I supposed to do everything correctly?

Heck, I don't even know what is correct at this point.

He handed his suitcase to the driver who put it in the trunk of the car and sat back inside it waiting to start the journey.

Meanwhile, Vikram turned around to see only Chandralekha standing near the door, a smile on her face. His eyes softened on seeing her as he walked the steps back up, teaching her level and staring at her.

Chandralekha's eyes glistened even without her realizing it.

She gulped as Vikram inched closer to her. His eyes lefts hers for a second as he eyed the entire house to see if anyone could see them.

When he found no one, his attention was focused on her once again.

This time, neither waited for the other to begin first as involuntarily, Vikram pulled Chandralekha closer and she closed her eyes, meeting her lips with his. Without a second thought, they kissed each other softly, not wanting to let go at all. Chandralekha's arms went around his neck as Vikram's hand rested on her waist.