Ch54: A Misfit

⚠️⚠️A/N: There might be few scenes in this chapter which contain violence and bloodshed. If any such things make you uncomfortable, I suggest skipping the chapter.

I cannot exactly label where the scenes might occur in the chapter so I suggest you tread carefully if you do read it.

The rest of you that are reading nevertheless, enjoy reading ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

--------------- 🥀 ---------------

The next morning, the entire palace was up and about, distracted into the preparation for another function.

Probably the last function before the wedding itself.

Vikram had made peace with the fact that he couldn't meet Chandralekha till the wedding and was fairly relaxed than before, excitement bubbling in his stomach at the thought of seeing Chandralekha after so many days.

There were several instances when Arjun had seen pictures of Chandralekha and tried to show it to Vikram but he was adamant at not looking at her.

"Arre yaar, ek baar dekh toh le. Bhabhi patakha lag rahi hai."

Arjun exclaimed while Vikram stared at him, eyes furious.

"Tu chup karega ya teri jaan lelun?"

In the meantime that all of this was going on, the girls were prepping for Chandralekha's haldi.

She wore a beautiful yet simple yellow suit which Chhaya had selected for her as she walked towards the garden where the event would be held with all of her bridesmaids right beside her.

She saw her own mother and her mother in law first who escorted her to her seat.

The haldi went on without any disruption and everybody including Maitri sat watching the scene enfold.

Maitri had decided to get on everyone's nerves when she tried replicating each of Chandralekha's outfit till the point Soniya wanted to scream at the top of her lungs and ask her to get lost.

"I swear I want to punch her in the face."

She muttered next to Chhaya who gripped her hand softly to prevent her from standing up and actually doing the deed.

Vanshika too nodded, agreeing with Soniya who was almost ready to throw hands at Maitri for her 'bhabhisa'.

"I swear Soniya di. If you don't do it, I'll do it."

"Go for it, V. I've got your back."

Soniya said while Vanshika cracked her knuckles and Anushka had to pull her back.

The four bridesmaids shook their heads away in disappointment and sighed when they looked at Maitri, who had yet again managed to dress exactly like Chandralekha.

While the theme was supposed to be yellow and everyone wore yellow, only Maitri had decided to wear the similar outfit with the same hairstyle as the bride.

There were even rumors that she even had the audacity to get a small 'V' written on her mehndi.

Soniya remembered being pulled back by Chhaya while she tried to get hold of Maitri from behind.

"Chhaya, bail me out if I manage to get hold of her."

She spat out, her eyes burning holes in Maitris outfit.

Chhaya on the other hand chuckled softly.

"A mere mehndi won't decide who Vikram belongs to. Chanda is destined to be with him, not her. That should be reassurance enough."