Ch17: Jealousy Jealousy

NEXT MORNING

CHANDRALEKHA'S POV

I was in a good mood despite the happenings of yesterday.

I met Vanshika and everything was going fine. She told me that she wanted to visit a local market and buy few things for her best friends birthday and I decided to accompany her and we both got permission from Aunty and she allowed us to go.

Vikram left for his office early in the morning without eating his breakfast and no one stopped him, probably because the family was used to his childlike tantrums.

While, in the market Vanshika and I were busy shopping and talking about things here and there, I held Vanshika's hand excitedly as I was about to run into a direction where I saw silver oxidized jewelry. I was already obsessed with it and seeing a big collection of it made me very excited.

I held Vanshika's hand and was about to run in its direction when I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see a handsome man about the same age as me.

He held my shoulders as I stumbled back. I apologized to him for bumping into him and he smiled sweetly.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Don't be absurd. It wasn't your fault."

As we were about to leave, we heard a quarrel behind us and turned around to see what was going on until we heard a roaring voice from behind.

"What is going on here?"

We saw Vikram staring at us like he would kill us.

The guy smiled at Vikram and left my shoulders and I cleared my throat. While the guy said

"Oh hi Vikram."

Vanshika also interrupted.

"I was trying to tell you di. This is Arjun bhaiya. He is Vikram bhaisa's friend."

I looked between both of them. First at Arjun and then at Vikram.

How are these two even friends?

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?"

He turned to me as I stared back at him as if I had seen a ghost.

"We were here to shop for something. I just saw a shop selling gol gappe. I was about to go and eat when I bumped into A-Arjun."

I don't know why I stuttered while taking his name and why did I explain what I was doing here.

Meanwhile, he came forward and held my hand and started walking. Arjun and Vanshika soon caught up to us as we sat in the car. There was an awkward silence as Arjun kept smiling at me and to be honest I didn't even realize that I was smiling back until Vikram's hold on my hand tightened.

I then realized that he didn't let my hand go too.

I yanked it away from him and he widened his eyes. We kept on staring at each other and the staring contest ended when someone cleared their throat.

We reached the palace once again. We had been out for 15 minutes before this idiot interrupted. Like 15 minutes and that too with bodyguards. We got out of the car and I moved towards my room with Vanshika closely following me.

She was stopped by Vikram. He put a hand on her shoulder and said

"I need to talk to Chandralekha. You go to your room and I'll send her there when we're done."