Ch53: Wedding Shenanigans

NARRATOR'S POV:

The very next day, preparations began for the big wedding.

Chandralekha woke up around her usual time, getting ready because she was told by Aradhna that they would have to select everything quickly.

Chandralekha's parents hadn't left yet and much to Chandralekha's disappointment, her mother had insisted on coming along for the selection of things.

She knew her mother would give her opinions she didn't require and opinions she would be unable to say no to, however she did not wish to create a scene so she let everything unfold normally.

They went to select her outfits and jewellery first thing in the morning. Since this was a royal wedding, a notice had been already sent to the top designer in the country to arrive in Udaigarh as soon as she could.

They did not have to go anywhere but bring the designer to her home.

Everything was in such a rush that the designer was given the task of stitching up an original lehenga in a matter of 6 days.

The design was as Chandralekha had wished, in the color she wished and just the perfect ensemble altogether.

The designer had promished to get it ready in a matter of 3 days so the rest of the days would be available for fitting and alterations.

The rest of the clothes for the functions were managed by Soniya and Chhaya.

Next, they headed to jewellery, which wasn't much of a task because Aradhna was going to pass on her wedding jewellery to Chandralekha and so was her own mother.

Since they were family heirlooms, no other jewellery set would've been more precious.

By the time all of this was done, it was already noon and as they sat staring at the large amount of invitations in front of them, Vikram burst through the door.

It had been Chandralekha's wish to decide the wedding invitation along with Vikram since he was an equal part of this.

"They're here?"

Chandralekha nodded as she made space for him to sit down next to her.

He placed a light kiss on the side of her forehead before turning his attention towards the cards placed on the table.

After a long discussion, they finally agreed on a single card.

**You can imagine the card as you like. But I liked this one best**

And before they knew it, Chandralekha's work was done but Vikram's had just begun.

Aradhna made him sit next to her as she showed him all the different Sherwanis and kurtas he could wear for the functions.

He selected the designs and sent them forward to the designer for getting them ready.