Ch31: If this isn't more than friendship..

{Previously...}

And yet, his heart belonged to someone. It still does, or so she thought. But she knew she couldn't settle for a simple friendship. 

So what is it that she actually needs, her heart asked her often. A companion? Yes. But the one that loves her for who she is and loves her flaws and accepts her completely.

"I'm not being pressurized. Be ready for tonight. It's a date!"

With that she grinned and left the room quickly, not even waiting for his response.

He loves someone else.. And it's not me.

-------- 🥀 --------

After the door closed behind her, Vikram fell into yet another thought

What is it that is different about Chandralekha? How does he forget Maithili as soon as Chandralekha comes in front of him?

The questions kept swirling in his mind all day and he went out to attend his meetings so as to come back asap because of the dinner date that was planned.

In the meantime, Chandralekha was going to Soniya's house because apparently she was pressurised by her mother to come back quickly and choose a beautiful outfit for the date.

She ran up the stairs to Soniya's apartment and rang the bell.

She heard a distant 'coming' and Soniya opened the door.

"You gotta help me! "

Chandralekha said as soon as she opened the door.

"I'm ready! Kya karna hai?" (What do we need to do?)

Soniya gave her a salute and they both giggled.

"A date outfit."

The next thing they knew, Soniya was ransacking her cupboard full of expensive dresses to find her a perfect date night outfit.

I mean she wasn't called the fashion queen of our college for nothing!!

Soniya kept mumbling to herself and checking each dress with careful eyes. Checking each dress so crucially as if her life depended on it.

After half an hour, Chandralekha was sitting on the bed still waiting for Soniya to pick an outfit for her.

"Geez Soniya. Bas kar yaar." (Stop it dude)

Soniya finally lifted her head with a jerk from the bundle of clothes and spoke in a serious tone like announcing a grave situation

"I've got it!"

With a small smirk playing on her lips.

She pulled forward the dress and Chandralekha looked at the outfit as her mouth opened in an 'O' shape. A black dress with a deep neck and long black sleeves and quite a long slit in front.