Ch27: He's too afraid to accept!

{Previously...}

Chandralekha pushed her aside as she entered the apartment and threw her purse on the sofa and was about to sit on it when Soniya called out.

"Chandralekha Singh!"

And she stood up startled hearing her best friend call her full name for the first time in her life.

"Y-You can't sit there."

"Why? What's wrong with sitting here?"

"E-Everything is wrong. Why would you want to sit here.. Haha.. Let's go inside... It's cooler there."

Soniya pulled her by her arms as she walked towards her room. Meanwhile, hearing the exact name Vikrant peeked from behind the sofa and accidently spoke out

"Bhabhisa?!"

-------- 🥀 --------

C

handralekha hearing Vikrant's voice immediately turned around and widened her eyes as she looked at Soniya.

"Hear what? I-I didn't hear anything."

Vikrant cursed himself and held his breath as Chandralekha came forward to inspect the sofa but Soniya pulled her back towards her.

"Hmm.. Why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?"

"Pfftt... You're ridiculous. Do I ever hide anything from you?"

Chandralekha narrowed her eyes at Soniya and raised her eyebrows.

"You suree?"

"Absolutely!"

Squeaked Soniya and gave her a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

Chandralekha walked towards the sofa once again but Soniya grabbed her by her shoulders and dragged her away.

"Come on! I have so much to tell you..."

Both of them walked away as Vikrant heaved a sigh of relief.

Just when he got up to leave, he heard the bedroom door open once again and saw Chandralekha walking out. He ran towards the sofa and made a dive behind it.

Chandralekha looked suspiciously towards the sofa while drinking some water. Soniya too came out of the room to see Chandralekha walking towards the sofa yet again.

"Chandaaa... I told you I have something to show you.. Come with me."

With that she dragged her off into the room once again.

This time Vikrant didn't take any more time to disappear from the house. Smiling at his girl's antics in dragging his sister-in-law to be inside.

I can't believe Soniya is friends with Bhabhisa. What a small world.

He looked back towards the bedroom door before stepping out of the house and thinking.

I'll promise to take you with me one day. Far away. Where it'll be just us two.

And we won't have to hide anymore.

Once the two friends were inside the room, Chandralekha asked Soniya

"I know you're hiding something from me Soniya."

"Enough about me already! Tell me everything without skipping the details."

Chandralekha chuckled and after a long sigh began

"I don't know where to start. It's only been a few days but such a rollercoaster I swear. To put it into simple words... I found a guy whom I thought was only connected to me because of marriage but I found out later, that it is probably destiny that we were bound together. He told me his story and while listening to it, I felt immeasurable sorrow."