Ch24: Soniya and Vikrant

{Previously...}

"Hello? Soniya are you there?"

I spoke through the phone and I heard her clearing her throat and saying

"Y-Yeah I'm here."

"So I'll meet you tomorrow?"

"Umm... Y-Yeah!"

"Ok I'll see you then. Bye."

I heard a small bye from the other end before I cut the call.

Why is she acting so weird? Is she not well?

Having gained my precious senses back, I rushed to pack my luggage. I had a flight to Delhi the next morning and I slept like a baby because the tiredness had seeped in. A long day full of surprises and a rich amount of tears, you can't blame me for even snoring a little bit.

----------- 🥀 -----------

MEANWHILE IN DELHI

AT SONIYA'S RESIDENCE

As the doorbell rang, Soniya got up and walked to the door while still talking to Chandralekha. She held her phone with one hand and pulled open her front door and there stood Vikrant just outside her door. A charming smile dancing on his lips. Soniya gulped a little when she saw him and almost forgot she was on the phone.

When she heard Chandralekha almost shouting through the phone, she cut the call with a small 'bye' and kept her phone on a table right beside her door. She smiled towards Vikrant who was still smiling. The last time they met at a café, they talked about several things and had a good laugh.

She felt comfortable around him. According to her, he wasn't like any of the guys she had met before him. He had a certain charm to him, like he was sweet but extremely hot at the same time, a combination that was quite hard to find.

The last time they met, they immediately bonded over several things, like movies for example. They decided to go on a real date since it was clearly evident that both of them liked each other since the first time they laid eyes on each other. He had asked for her address so that he could pick her up on their 'real' date and she had politely given it to him.

"I'll pick you up next time!"

She welcomed him inside and he stepped into the cozy apartment and looked around.

"It's quite peaceful."

"It's not much but it's worth living."

They talked about things here and there over coffee that she made and Vikrant asked her if she wanted to go to a club with him. Soniya agreed as she realized that she was having a good and comfortable time whenever he was around. She went to her bedroom to change as it was already late in the evening and almost half an hour later she walked out in a beautiful short red dress.

 She went to her bedroom to change as it was already late in the evening and almost half an hour later she walked out in a beautiful short red dress