Ch39: Arjun and Anushka Part 4

A/N: BEFORE YOU BEGIN THIS CHAPTER, I'D LIKE TO SUGGEST A FEW SONGS TO LISTEN ALONG. I'VE SUGGESTED AN ORDER BUT YOU CAN SHUFFLE AND LISTEN IF YOUR HEART WISHES SO. ALSO IF THE SONGS END BEFORE THE CHAPTER ENDS, I SUGGEST REPLAYING THE LAST SONG.

🎶Kho Gaye - Taaruk Raina🎶

🎶Shayad - Arijit Singh🎶

🎶I wanna be yours - Arctic Monkeys🎶

-------- 🥀 --------

The next morning Anushka was dreading seeing Arjun in the office as she got ready, all the while thinking about why would she even initiate the kiss and why would Arjun tell her that he loves her.

Did he mean 'friendship love' or 'love love'?

She waved her mother goodbye as she walked out of the door hurriedly but reality struck her that her car had gone for servicing and now she was left with no option but to wait for Arjun to come like he always did.

But how could Arjun even know Anushka needed him, if he doesn't even call him?

She stood in front of her apartment building staring at his name in the contacts list, her finger not ready to move forward or back.

Should I call him or not?

Flashbacks of yesterday and the day before clouded her mind as she felt her knees go weak.

She inhaled in a long breath as she walked back inside and called an Uber.

About half an hour she was walking inside the office with her heels clacking along the floor as she flipped her partially dry hair to one side.

She turned a corner and saw Arjun standing with Riya near a table talking about something.

Her legs froze as she stared at him from head to toe, noticing how his composure had not changed a bit.

He wasn't fazed by any of it?

Little did she know that Arjun cried the whole night and wasn't able to sleep a wink at all. He thought about not even going to the office the next morning, but he didn't want her to worry so he went despite being in a terrible mood.

She, on the other hand, gathered from his body language that he was absolutely fine.

Quite opposite to the truth, as she saw him standing there until she noticed that she was directly staring at him and then a second later, his eyes met hers as he turned his head in her direction.

For a second, just a millisecond, none of them looked away. It was as if they were doing the forbidden.

They were ready to risk everything in that moment.

For each other.

Anushka's heart picked up the pace as she turned around swiftly walking to her cabin before turning around one last time and saw him still looking at her, eyes boring into her back as he gulped.

Something like pain flashed in his eyes as he straightened himself and turned his gaze towards his girlfriend and Anushka resorted to the much needed space as she entered her cabin.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The two best friends avoided each other so much, people started asking them what happened between them to make them so far apart. Anushka sat in the cafeteria eating her lunch when Arjun walked in, hand in hand with Riya and she felt her heart ache as if history was repeating itself.