Ch6: Another story

SONIYA'S POV:

I literally have nothing to do since Chanda left.

I've been thinking of spending some time with Chhaya but she always seems so absorbed in her work that I just dropped the idea.

I decided to go shopping since it had been weeks since I last went.

I quietly entered an expensive store and came out a few minutes later after buying myself a trendy handbag. Whenever I go with Chanda, I never come out satisfied since she never buys herself anything except a few small things which she thinks we're cheap.

The idiot wants to save everything so that she can live in peace later but what's the point in not enjoying right now.

I used to forcefully take her out to nightclubs and to shopping malls. Even when we were in college.

Chhaya on the other hand, would take her to libraries and museums.

Can you believe that a 25 year old hasn't had her first kiss yet? I mean I don't understand what's the point in saving this forever.

'I'll only kiss the man I'll love forever!'

She's ridiculous.

My thoughts were broken when I bumped into something hard and immediately fell to the floor.

I fell on my bum with a big thud as I rubbed myself trying to ease off the pain.

Ouch!

I heard a husky voice filled with concern as I slowly looked up I found a handsome looking man trying to come over to help me.

"Are you okay?"

I was helped to get up by him as I lost my balance and again but he held me this time. He was awfully close.

Its not like I haven't been around men, this was different.

It was like one of the scenes from the movies or from a tacky wattpad novel but this was real.

I cleared my throat trying to create distance between us.

He immediately let me go as he cleared his throat too suddenly things being more awkward than they already were.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

He's so cute!!

"No its not only your fault. I was in my own thoughts too. So don't apologize."

I grinned like an idiot after clearing that I wasn't in my senses either.

"No I'm really at fault. You got hurt because of me too. I should treat you to some coffee."

My brows furrowed in confusion.

Is he asking me out for coffee? I mentally smirked my ass off at the thought.

But I had recently read somewhere that men like women that play hard to get. Well, I wasn't a relationship expert to be honest.

I have had my share of broken relationships. But I still decided to give it a shot.

"Oh... There's really no need. I wasn't hurt badly."

He put up his hands as if defending what he meant. He smiled at me before saying.

"I'm doing this because I feel guilty. If you're not free today, you can give me your number and we can fix a date. I insist."

By the time he spoke the last sentence, his eyes fell over my lips for a second before he averted them again.