Ch18: 21 questions

{Previously...}

"You know what, it's of no use. Just leave. The best you can do is leave. I don't wanna see your face."

I turned around to go bathe. I went inside the washroom and thankfully, he didn't stop me. I heard the bedroom door open and close and figured he must've left.

I picked up my towel and wiped myself and tied it around me before walking out. I went to the closet to find something to wear that's comfy. I found the clothes and headed out of the closet.

I sat on the bed and was humming a slow tune while I heard a voice behind me.

"I didn't know someone could look that nice in just a towel."

I gripped my towel as I realized whom the voice belonged to.

Vikram!!

I turned around faster than lightning and was about to dash towards the washroom again when he held his hand up.

"Don't even think about it."

---------- 🥀----------

He stood up from the couch and walked towards me. I was still on the bed and he held my bare shoulders to make me stand up. Since I was in a compromising position, I had to do what was required in the moment and so I stood up.

"I-I thought you left."

He lifted my chin slowly.

"I couldn't leave without apologizing for my behavior."

What is going on with this man? He screams then apologizes, then screams again and then apologizes again. What is going on? What in the man periods shit is this?

"I'm sorry for acting..."

"Possessively?" I suggested.

"Weirdly. But I'm not sorry for what I did. Yes I'm sorry for being rude but as I said before, even though I know the whole marriage situation of ours, you're still special to me as a person. You're my friend and I can't help feel 'weird' when I see someone else touch you the way I do."

I kept a hand on his chest and patted it.

"It's alright."

I replied softly and he came back to his usual self. He pulled me closer by my waist and I chuckled.

"You were cute for 0.1 second."

"I'm not cute. I'm hot!"

"That you are."

I muttered out, hoping he didn't hear me but of course he heard me because before I knew it his smirk widened and he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

At this point I'm not sure which sort of 'friends' are we exactly.

"You know this towel isn't supposed to be looking good on someone. But you slay it."

And then I had the royal realization that he was still holding me by my towel.

I pushed him aside and grabbed my clothes as I ran towards the washroom and heard a loud chuckle echoing behind me but I didn't both to look. I quickly changed and came out to see him sitting on the couch absorbed in his phone. Seeing me he made an 'Aha' sound but then he got another message and he was soon distracted by his phone again.

I sat down beside him.

I was supposed to be angry at him for his repeated mood swings which are occurring more often now but I think I cannot be upset with a person that I'm soon going to be married to.