Ch9: Mysterious guy

VIKRAM'S POV

I came back from London and walked out of the airport as I saw a Rolls Royce waiting for me.

The guards didn't stop me as the car reached the palace gates. I went inside the palace with some helpers picking up my bags.

As soon as I reached my room, I used the loo wiping the sweat from my forehead because of the heat. I took a cold shower and launched myself on the bed. It immediately lulled me to sleep.

I woke up in the morning because of Aditya knocking and shouting outside my door. He kept on shouting till I got up from bed and opened the door. I opened the door to see him grinning from ear to ear.

"Stop smiling like that. I'm still your boss."

"Welcome back! We missed you."

I shook my head.

"I was gone for 3 days."

"And so you've got more work."

"Tell me something I don't know."

We both walked out of the room as Aditya told me my schedule for the day.

This day is gonna be exhausting.

"Oh by the way, since you didn't mention anything about waking up late, but I did assume that would happen so I called the meeting downstairs in the conference room."

"Thanks."

"Let's hurry, they've been waiting since a long time."

2 hours later I was tired to death and told Aditya to cancel all the meetings for today.

I walked towards the corridor leading to the private section.

I need sleep and I need it right now!

I was walking down the stairs of the private section when my phone beeped. I fished it out and typed a text while walking.

I suddenly bumped into someone and while I stayed erect, the person whom I bumped into was about to take a major fall. My hands immediately went ahead to catch the person I bumped into.

When I finally took the time to see who it was, my eyes nearly bulged out from the sockets. It was her.

The girl I had seen and wanted to meet again. She stumbled forward to manage herself. While I didn't realize that my face was beaming with an uncontrollable smile, her eyes grew nearly as wide as saucers.

She squeaked

"YOU!?!?"

Those deep brown orbs seemed to be developing the fire I loved to see in them. Like a forest on fire.

The small specks of fire floating in the air as the whole forest burned to dust. Then I saw her eyes glisten. They seemed moist and they shimmered when came in under the noon sun.

I looked at her carefully. I was sure that I was frowning by now.

I leaned closer to see if I was right and yes, they glistened with tears. I didn't know that she felt that bad seeing me.

Or maybe she's just startled you idiot!

Slowly her mouth opened without her realization. I put a hand under it to close it and she immediately closed it but then stared at my finger.

She cleared her throat and looked away along with trying to get out of my grip. I must say, I'm amused. Although it frustrates me thinking that this girl doesn't like me.