Ch37: Arjun and Anushka Part 2

Years passed and Anushka got over her crush

She learnt how to love herself and value herself more than completely sacrificing yourself for someone else. Arjun was all along with her in her journey, healing his own heart and sufficing it by simply spending time with her.

Now they were adults, not the same college going students who were carefree.

They had responsibilities and were awesome at them.

They were both lawyers who worked for Vikram. Whenever a legal feud would arise, Anushka and Arjun would enter in their 'lawyer aura' and win every case for their best friend.

They were happy together.

Meanwhile, Aditya too began working as Vikram's assistant and although, Anushka would try her best to not meet him that often, through Vikram they would meet several times. But she wasn't as affected by his presence as she used to be before. Arjun, however, was still the same.

He was the ladies' man as they say. He was perfect in every sense but again, Anushka was unaffected by him.

Despite him being intelligent, fun and handsome, he was also a supportive friend. But Anushka left everything behind her.

Even love, as she moved on to new phases in life.

Vikram, Arjun and Anushka had fun working together. Whenever Arjun or Anushka would get time they would barge into their boss' office and chat for hours or sometimes get kicked out within mere minutes. Similarly, one time Anushka and Arjun placed a bet for fun. Who out of the two could get a kiss from the opposite gender within a week?

Both were smooth with their lines but Arjun managed to complete it before Anushka and got a handful from her after they were done.

When Vikram kicked them out from his own cabin, Anushka entered her own cabin with Arjun closely following her and breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she entered. She sat on her desk and switched on her computer as Arjun sat on the sofa in front of her desk.

Scrolling through her computer as Arjun chatted away on his phone, Anushka let out a loud yawn as she stretched her arms.

"God! That was exhausting. I'm so tired."

"I'm not. And I have a rather eventful night planned for myself."

Arjun said as he passed her a wink.

Anushka's eyes widened and she made a grossed out face as she gagged.

"Gross."

And then she noticed how Arjun looked kind of giddy. So she asked him, with her eyes partially on the screen in front of her and partially on the grinning face of her best friend.

"You planning on staying with her for a long time or what? Are you already in love?"

Arjun focused his attention back on her as she questioned him with her brows furrowed as she typed something away.