Ch20: Vikram's backstory Part 2

{Previously

{Previously...}

"He came home one day and never came back here. He hugged all of us and asked for our forgiveness. But who were we to forgive when he was not at fault in the first place. He lost a lot that night. He had the right to behave this way. He changed himself completely. Even today when I ask her what led him to change, he only has one answer."

She sighed with a small smile on her lips as more tears hung at the corners of her eyes.

"A girl helped her. A kind hearted girl that said 'Life may not feel worth living but we live for the people that love us. The past will always remain but the future defines us and so-'."

"Live on and love on." 

---------- 🥀----------

"Live on and love on."

Chandralekha whispered out as she sat awestruck at how beautifully this story had reached her.

It was a moment when she realized.

Aradhna nodded as she smiled and the tears fell once again.

"Did you never wonder why we fixed your marriage to Vikram? Why and how did we meet your parents and fix everything? How we found out about the perfect person that completed our son and our family?"

Chandralekha's eyes were now filled with tears of joy.

"You were that girl. A month ago was not the first time you met Vikram. You met him for the first time 8 years ago. You brought him back to us. You completed our family."

Her tears fell - one by one.

She moved her head away, avoiding Aradhna's eyes and wiped her tears away.

"Vikram fell in love with you 8 years ago. He fell in love with your willingness to live. He looked at you with more affection than even Maithili. You taught him how to live and even if it was for only a few minutes - beti you brought my son back and taught him how to live and love again."

Chandralekha shook her head furiously.

"A mother's eyes never lie. Nor can they ignore the emotions in their children's eyes. And I've seen love in Vikram's. For you."

Chandralekha's mind scoffed at her audacity.

Have you started thinking that you're capable of falling in love?

Aradhna put a hand on her shoulder and said

"He's not a bad person. He's just someone with a bad past. I know he can love again. You can show him the same path you did 8 years ago after which he came back to us. I know your magic works and I know side by side, that even though both of you are broken yourselves, you both can help each other heal."