Ch45: Going back

SONG RECOMMENDATION FOR THIS CHAPTER:

🎶DOORIYAN/KABIRA🎶

----------- 🥀 -----------

A FEW DAYS LATER

Chandralekha rushed her clothes into her suitcase that was harshly kept on the bed. Tears streamed down her face.

An argument had started between her and her mother the same evening.

She was sitting on her bed minding her business as she completed a little work she had, lined up after the tons of holidays she had taken off from work.

The very same minute as she sighed, completing the work, her mother burst into the room screaming at the top of her lungs.

"You are the most selfish person I have ever seen! No sense of responsibility whatsoever!!"

Chandralekha got up as she furrowed her eyebrows, heartbeat increasing because of the anxiety pouring in from her mother's outburst.

She trembled a little, gulping as she asked her mother.

"Ma what happened?"

"What happened you ask me? I'll tell you what happened..."

She went forward, pulling Chandralekha by her arm and shoving her out the door harshly as Chandralekha winced in pain asking her to let go.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!"

She dragged her out of the room, down the stairs and dragging her onto the sofa, throwing her phone into her hands.

"Vikram's mother called. She asked me when you are returning. What should I tell her!? This selfish child cares about no one but herself and is not willing to come to Udaigarh right now!!"

Chandralekha's eyes pooled with tears as she gulped, looking down.

She was shocked at the level of her mother considering her such a big burden that she couldn't let her own daughter stay in her house for a little longer.

Asmita walked forward slapping Chandralekha, who blocked it by putting her arms in front of her, still getting hit multiple times.

"YOU HAVE NO SHAME LEFT. NO RESPECT. WHAT IF THEY BREAK THIS ALLIANCE BECAUSE OF THIS?! WHO WILL GET MARRIED TO YOU THEN?!"

Pausing for a second as her own eyes drowned in tears from helplessness.

Chandralekha whimpered under the influence of her words.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW. I CAN'T BEAR TO SEE YOUR FACE ANYMORE. JUST GET LOST FROM OUR LIVES."

Asmita kept hitting her until her heart was satisfied, Chandralekha sobbing beneath her arms trying to block every blow that was sent her way.

"YOU'RE BAD LUCK. FOR EVERYONE. JUST STICK TO SOMEONE ELSE LIKE A LEECH. JUST NOT US. LEAVE US ALONE!!"

Chandralekha somehow managed to rush out from her grip, still blocking the blows as she ran upstairs sobbing.

Once entering her room, her knees gave out as she fell to the floor.

She begged god to end her life then and there, but a face kept flashing in front of her eyes.

Vikram...

She got up immediately wiping her tears which flowed involuntarily from her eyes.

Pulling her suitcase out from the cupboard, she threw everything she could find, inside it. Her hands shaking because of the anxiousness as she packed everything she possibly could in that one suitcase.