Ch5: The Grand Welcome

CHANDRALEKHA'S POV:

I packed everything I would need for the coming month.

I still can't believe that I'm taking a vacation. That too alone. For some reason this feels oddly comfortable. Like going away from home.

Although the only unsettling thing in this whole situation was the my tearful departure.

My parents bid me farewell like there was no tomorrow and this was probably the last time they would see me.

Anyways, I reached the airport and after a few hours boarded the flight.

I reached Udaigarh as usual after 2 hours and as I came out of the airport, I saw a Rolls Royce already waiting for me to take me straight to the palace since there was supposed to be an arrangement for my stay.

When I reached the palace my eyeballs literally fell out of the sockets.

The palace was decorated like there was supposed to be a wedding.

There were so many flowers and decorations of different kinds.

Other tourists too seemed to have forgotten to close their mouths as they looked bewildered at the decorations.

**An idea at what the decorations must have looked like...Although you can imagine them any way you want...These were the best I could find to express what I meant...**

A manager looking guy came and helped me with the bags despite the driver of the car already holding them for me.

He smiled welcomingly and showed me the way. On the way to the room, I passed by so many corridors and all of them were so beautifully decorated that it was impossible to grasp everything in one glance.

We halted in front of a room which had a big door with flowers draping from the corners.

Once inside the path was also laid beautifully with rose petals and sprinkled throughout the floor.

The guy who helped me soon left me inside the big suite which was almost 5 times bigger than my house.

"Soniya will go mad if she sees this."

I whispered to myself as I looked at the amazing engraved ceiling. And then the ultimate realization hit me.

 And then the ultimate realization hit me