Ch25: The actual first meeting

MEANWHILE IN UDAIGARH

CHANDRALEKHA'S POV

While I was lost in my sweet world of dreams, I got flashbacks of the day when I had met Vikram for the very first time. And it wasn't the coffee incident as I thought.

Rather it was the hospital incident...

FLASHBACK

CHANDRALEKHA'S POV

I'm done with my life. The worst possible life anyone can get. I have no strength to live and fight on. I have no energy to deal with people.

I was helped to get out of my hospital bed by my nurse who I also had asked to take me upstairs on the rooftop. She was uneasy about the idea but I asked her to leave me alone for a few minutes because I wanted some space.

After much hesitation she finally pulled my wheelchair to a halt and left me on the rooftop by myself.

Papa wasn't with me and I cannot blame him. His life isn't going according to his way and he needs to work as well. He can't be with me all the time. Ma hasn't bothered to come to the hospital for even a single day.

She's always locked inside her room mourning bhaiya and makes a disgusting face every time she sees me.

I don't know why she hates me so much.

Tears pooled at the corner of my eyes but I harshly wiped them away and took a deep breath as I closed my eyes.

The soft wind brushing away my open hair as I kept my hands in my lap. I was focused on the wind as the rooftop door burst open and my eyes immediately opened as I turned my head towards the door.

I saw a boy a little older than me or probably the same age as me, running with his head in his hands, with frantic breaths and panting.

He ran till the railing and stopped all of a sudden as I heard a small cry from him.

Small sobs soon turned into wails as I watched him kicking the railing, pulling his hair and even slapping himself a few times.

"Hey!"

I shouted loud enough for him to hear. He turned around and I finally saw his face.

He was extremely handsome for a young boy. Tall but fragile. He looked like he had been through something terrible like me. His hair was long but not long enough and they spread across his forehead covering it. His face was turned into a scowl as he looked at me.

But one of his features that caught my attention was his brown eyes. Even across a distance, I could see his large eyes. Too beautiful for a boy.