Chapter 59

Liu Yimian followed Ji Wei, under the influence of her ears and eyes, she suddenly remembered that in half a month, it would be the Mid-Autumn Festival.

The Mid-Autumn Festival is a time for family reunions.

But apart from being sold out, when Ji Wei was not at home during the Chinese New Year, he sneaked back and was kicked out again, and he never saw his father and brother again.

After all, I was raised by my family since I was a child, and the feeling of longing is usually suppressed @在心下头不得头.

That is to say, when I encountered this Mid-Autumn Festival opportunity, it burst out all of a sudden, doing things upside down, confused, and I knew something was wrong at a glance. After Ji Weiyi asked, he finally realized that he was homesick.

Ji Wei, who is far away in another world, cannot return home.

If he can go back, no matter how much he pays, Ji Wei can still fight. But now the easiest way to go home has become impossible for him in his life.

He sighed and was sad, naturally he couldn't let Liu Yimian make the same mistakes again.

It is impossible for Ji Wei to go home, but Liu Yimian can.

He specially prepared two boxes of beautifully packaged mooncakes for him to bring back as gifts.

The so-called feeling of being close to home is timid.

The night before going home, Liu Yimian tossed and turned, unable to sleep no matter what.

Later, he fell asleep in a daze, and his dreams were full of not-so-good memories.

He got up earlier than usual, cooked sweet potato porridge, steamed eggs, washed his clothes, had breakfast with Ji Weiyi, and the two of them took their things and set off separately.

From Changliu Town to the other side of Daxi Town, it would take an hour or two to walk at least by foot. Afraid that he would delay the time, Ji Wei booked the ox cart with Mrs. Lin Ersao early on, and let Liu Yimian drive there by herself.

Although Liu Yimian is a brother, he grew up doing farm work since he was a child, and driving an ox cart was not difficult for him, and it took him less than an hour to sit on the ox cart and dangle all the way to the door of the house.

I haven't been back for more than half a year, and nothing seems to have changed.

Liu Yimian was standing at the door, and from the fenced yard, there was an angry shout from a woman.

He tied the ox cart to a conspicuous place, and there is a knee-high weedy field here, which is perfect for resting with the old ox.

No matter how afraid you are, you still have to go in.

Liu Yimian took a deep breath fearfully, and knocked on the door.

"Who is it!" The woman yelled loudly, muttered something, and ran over to open the door. Seeing Liu Yimian standing outside the door, she was so shocked that she couldn't speak.

"Er Niang, I'm back."

"You've already sold it, why are you coming back? This is no longer your home!"

You Guizhi blocked Liu Yimian in disgust, refusing to let him in.

He called her Erniang because Liu Yimian's mother died of illness when he was very young. Not long afterward, Liu Shan resumed his work and found them a second mother named You Guizhi.

Back then, the family was not bad, and his father, Orion, could get a lot of wild game from time to time.

But later, Orion went up the mountain to catch prey after the rain, and accidentally slipped down the hillside and broke his tailbone. After being ill for a few years, he went with him. Without the subsidy from his father-in-law's family, life with the Liu family became difficult.

Not only did Ji Wei's eldest brother go to the big mansion to take the exam, You Guizhi also gave birth to a daughter who was waiting to be fed, and the family was struggling. You Guizhi thought of selling Liu Yimian, so he found a tooth.

At the beginning, I asked Yazi to sell it as far away as possible, and sold it to the other side of Changliu Town, but Liu Yimian was unwilling to die, and kept finding it again and again.

"Since Erniang said so, then I'll go back first."

Liu Yimian handed the two boxes of mooncakes in her hand to You Guizhi, and said disappointedly: "This is a mooncake, for the Mid-Autumn Festival. Erniang will say hello to my father and brother for me. Let's go first."

She was already at the door of the house, but she couldn't go in, Liu Yimian's eyes were red, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of You Guizhi, she held back her tears and turned away after saying these words.

You Guizhi snorted, before he had the time to look at the gift from Liu Yimian.

This box is already so beautiful, I don't know how much it will cost.

Where did he come from?

You Guizhi thought for a while, then rushed back into the house with the moon cake box, and yelled for Liu Shan and Liu Chengyin.

"What's the matter?" Liu Shan yawned, his whole body exuded a strong smell of alcohol, he was woken up just after lying down, with displeasure written on the corners of his eyes and brows.

As for Liu Chengyin, when he came out, he was still holding a volume of books in his hand, facing You Guizhi, his face looked calm and expressionless.

"Guess who gave it to you?" You Guizhi said in a daze, and put the mooncake box in his hand on the table.

Liu Shan's eyes lit up, and he ran over and touched left, then touched again, "Who gave it to you?" "

None of you can guess, it was given by your precious son!" You Guizhi sneered, "He has a good life. It's much more moisturising than you."

"It's all sold to another place, why are you mentioning this. Did he say what he's doing?" Liu Shan found the hole, took off the outer shell, took a small box from inside, and put it together. Smell it under your nose.

"What is this?" Liu Chengyin's eyes were attracted by the mooncake box.

"He said what mooncake is it called? It looks pretty good. Who knows what it is. Damn, can this be eaten?" "

...mooncake?" moon cakes", and was ridiculed by several students.

He kept @ in his heart about this matter, and when he was aroused at this moment, his face changed unpredictable and was very ugly.

"What's the matter?" The small box of mooncakes in Liu Shan's hand was snatched by Liu Chengyin. He roughly tore open the paper box, revealing the printed mooncakes inside. The faint smell of oil mixed with the sweetness of nuts rushed into his nose. .

Liu Chengyin broke open the mooncake, revealing the black sesame and peanut filling inside.

He was silent for a long time, and suddenly shouted at You Guizhi: "Hurry up and bring him back!"

You Guizhi was puzzled.

Liu Chengyin stuffed the mooncakes into her hands, "Look carefully, there is no place to buy these mooncakes now, he can get them either he knows someone who sells mooncakes, or the person who buys them is a mooncake seller!" "

Ah "

"Er Niang, the second younger brother may have joined a rich family!"

Liu Chengyin chanted a lot, but You Guizhi couldn't understand at all. But only this sentence, she really understood, shouted angrily, left a sentence, wait, and rushed out to join with the hem of her clothes.

"Are you serious?" Liu Shan gnawed on the mooncake, slurring his words, squinting at Liu Chengyin.

"Well, the second brother is living a good life. You see, this box is very exquisite. I'm afraid it's not something we can afford." Liu Chengyin found a stool and sat down, holding a book in his left hand and mooncakes in his right. He ate slowly and took time out. Also look at the sentences in the book.

After the two father and son finished eating the mooncakes, Liu Shan still had to reach out to get them, but You Guizhi pulled Liu Yimian back panting.

Liu Yimian, who was stopped halfway, still had some red eyes.

When he saw his father and brother whom he hadn't seen for a long time, he ran up uncontrollably, wanting to reach out to pull Liu Chengyin. But as soon as he saw Liu Chengyin's slightly indifferent side face, he withdrew the hand he had just stretched out.

"Are you back?" Liu Chengyin's tone was light, with a little alienation, and there was no joy of reunion after a long absence.

It formed a stark contrast with Liu Yimian who was tearing up excitedly.

"Big Brother, Father, I'm back to see you." Liu Yimian wiped away the tears that had slipped down her cheeks, trembling with joy.

"It's good to come back, let's leave after lunch here?" You Guizhi changed his impatience before, and Liu Yimian couldn't adapt to his enthusiasm.

"No need for Er Niang, I, I plan to go back, Brother Ji is still waiting for me to cook."

Liu Chengyin withdrew his eyes from the book at once, and repeated in a low voice, "Brother Ji?"

Liu Yimian let out a cry, nervous I don't know how to explain it.

"The one who bought you, right?"

Liu Yimian nodded.

"How is he treating you?"

"Brother Ji is very good, especially to me."

Liu Chengyin smiled inexplicably, got up and said, "I'm going back to study." "

Go, let's do it later." Come out and eat quickly." You Guizhi instructed, and Liu Chengyin went back.

You Guizhi couldn't wait to hold Liu Yimian's wrist, and pulled him to sit beside her.

"What's the name of this Ji, where does he live? What does he do for a living?" You Guizhi asked quickly and anxiously.

Liu Yimian began to plan to answer, but when she finished asking, she felt a little hesitant, silent and didn't know how to answer.

You Guizhi pinched anxiously, and urged: "Speak up!"

"Brother Ji is from Changliu Town, and sells pastries."

In fact, when he saw his family whom he hadn't seen for a long time, Liu Yimian had a lot to say.

But with You Guizhi's questioning just now, he suddenly calmed down and didn't want to talk anymore.

He simply answered without going into details.

Seeing that there was nothing useful to dig out, You Guizhi lost most of his energy and asked him what mooncakes were.

He always feels that he can't say anything else, but moon cakes are something that Ji Wei has been trying to promote recently. Liu Yimian felt that no matter what, it's always good for one more person to know, so he tried his best to explain.

Little did he know that his explanation aroused Liu Shan's thoughts.

"Isn't this mooncake cheap?"

"Well, brother Ji hasn't set a price yet, so it shouldn't be cheap."

"Can you make a lot of money?"

"It hasn't started selling yet, so I don't know."

Because the person who asked the question was his father, Liu Yimian was not as wary as he was towards You Guizhi, and answered painstakingly.

Liu Shan and You Guizhi looked at each other, and they could see the joy in each other's eyes.

You Guizhi wanted to speak, but was pulled by Liu Shan.

"Guizhi, I just heard that sister Xiu seems to be crying, go and have a look." Sister Xiu is You Guizhi's biological daughter, when she heard Liu Shan say this, although she didn't really hear the cry, she Still turned around and ran nervously.

Liu Yimian looked at it, feeling slightly astringent.

Even the second mother is so gentle and considerate to her child. But he has already lost his mother.

"Your second mother is straight-tempered, she can't speak well, so you can take care of anything." Liu Shan patted Liu Yimian's hand on the table, and said kindly.

Liu Yimian was a little flattered, and nodded in agreement.

"I had no choice but to sell you back then. You know that the family's situation is getting worse every year, your elder brother is going to take the exam, and a sister Xiu is added to the family, so you—" Liu Shan paused, Seeing Liu Yimian's gloomy expression, she said a lot of words to comfort him.

"By the way, father, why didn't you see Piaoxu?"

Liu Piaoxu is Liu Yimian's third sister.

When he was young, he was close to his elder brother Liu Chengyin, and when he was older, he got closer to Liu Piaoxu.

It's been a long time since I came back, but I haven't seen her come out, which is a bit strange.

"Your sister, she married a good family!" As soon as this was mentioned, Liu Shan rubbed his chin triumphantly and laughed.

"Married? Piaoxu just turned fourteen." Liu Yimian was so shocked that she couldn't speak.

Liu Piaoxu was only thirteen when he was sold.

Even if she just got married, she is only fourteen years old now.

"It's fourteen, and it's not too young."

Liu Shan said nonchalantly, "Anyway, Yaomei also agreed, that's Yuanwai's family, you don't have to worry about food and drink, and you will be blessed with gold and silver in the future, what's wrong?" "You mean Tian Yuanwai?"

"

Yes , is there anyone outside the town."

"Father..."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

Liu Yimian opened his mouth, and a sense of powerlessness swept over his body.

There was only one member in the town, who was over fifty this year, seeing half of his foot in the coffin, yet Liu Shan sent a fourteen-year-old flowery girl into such a place.

Thinking of Liu Piaoxu, Liu Yimian's heart ached.

He didn't want to talk to Liu Shan anymore, so he found an excuse to see sister Xiu, Liu Shan readily agreed, and took him to the room with You Guizhi.

Sister Xiu is only less than two years old, and she is lying on the bed, babbling and playing with You Guizhi. Seeing Liu Yimian coming in, she pursed her mouth as if about to cry.

You Guizhi turned around to scold, but then thought of the moon cake, suppressed his anger and asked Liu Yimian to find a place to sit.

"I put sister Xiu to sleep, and I will cook for you."

"Er Niang, take care of sister Xiu, I will do it."

"How can it be, you are already a foreigner—" the word outsider almost blurted out, especially Gui Zhi was afraid for a while.

"Sister Xiu, be good, mother will cook something delicious, and I'll feed you later." You Guizhi summoned Liu Shan to let him watch, then said something to Liu Yimian, and left without daring to delay.

Liu Shan smelled of alcohol for a long time, as soon as she got close to sister Xiu, she started to howl, which made Liu Shan unhappy, she waved her hands and said nothing, asked Liu Yimian to watch, and ran after You Guizhi.

With no one watching, sister Xiu writhed vigorously on the bed, and rolled to the side of the bed after two laps. Liu Yimian was just distracted and broke out in a cold sweat from fright, so she ran over and hugged sister Xiu in her arms, afraid Something happened to her.

Although they are not the same mother, they are blood relatives after all.

Liu Yimian hugged Sister Xiu, looked at her dark eyes, her heart softened, she patted Sister Xiu's back with her right hand, and softly sang a sleep song from her childhood.

Sister Xiu played around for a long time, listening to the gentle singing, brushed her fleshy little hands on Liu Yimian's cheeks, after a while, her eyes closed slightly, and she fell asleep.

****

During lunch, the four of them sat around a small round table.

There are not many dishes, there are only three dishes in total, bitter gourd egg soup, fried green vegetables and cold cucumber.

You Guizhi told Liu Yimian to eat more, and took the initiative to pick up a lot of dishes for her, staring at him with burning eyes, which made Liu Yimian feel uncomfortable.

"I'll just do it myself." Liu Yimian said in embarrassment.

"Maybe the second brother is used to good food, so he doesn't like this porridge and side dishes." Liu Chengyin drank a bowl of bitter gourd egg soup, and his words were a bit harsh.

"No! Brother, I don't have one, I just want Erniang to eat by herself." Liu Yimian hurriedly argued.

"If you didn't look down on me, why didn't you even tell me your husband's family name? Am I not your elder brother, and the person sitting next to you is not your father?" Liu Chengyin seldom said such a thing. Talking too much, Liu Yimian was not good at eloquence, her face turned pale all of a sudden, her lips trembled and she couldn't speak.

"You see, since you were young, you can't hide your thoughts."

"Brother Ji, his name is Ji Wei, big brother, he was not good before, but he is very good now!" Hearing Ji Wei's name, Liu Chengyin showed a little expression Surprised, Liu Yimian was afraid that he might misunderstand, and was anxious to speak for Ji Wei.

"Look at you looking anxious to protect your husband, did I say anything?" Liu Chengyin knocked on Liu Yimian's head, which was a gesture of closeness between the two many years ago, "I just think this name is slightly familiar. My brother found it." He is a good family, I should be happy."

He actually didn't know who Ji Wei was, he had only seen this name on a piece of paper. Originally, he didn't think otherwise, but remembering that Liu Yimian mentioned that the buyer was in the pastry business when he arrived, he immediately matched him.

Speaking of Ji Wei, we have to mention cookies.

In a short period of time, this little thing almost made everyone in Daxi Town have an impression of it, and it was more than just success.

Obviously a good money owner.

Liu Chengyin smiled slightly, and filled another bowl of soup.