Chapter 16

Zhang Quan reappeared, although with obvious reluctance on his face, he still made a gesture of invitation, "Follow me."

After bringing Ji Wei to the hall, he asked the maid standing beside him to make tea, Zhang Quan explained Said: "The master just woke up from a nap, you may have to wait in the hall for a while."

Ji Wei didn't care, and looked around the interior of the Zhang family.

When looking from the outside, you can't realize how rich this family is. Being in the middle at the moment, looking at the paintings on the wall and the exquisite vases randomly placed on the table, everything shows the prosperity of the Zhang family.

Not long after, the maid appeared with a tray.

Put down the petal-shaped sweet-scented osmanthus cake and a cup of steaming tea on the side of Ji Wei's hand.

"Please."

After Zhang Quan finished speaking, he stood by the side door with his hands behind his back, as if he treated Ji Wei like air.

Ji Wei was not annoyed, and took a piece of sweet-scented osmanthus cake and ate it.

A touch of sweet-scented osmanthus fragrance, plus a soft mouthfeel that melts in the mouth. Although it is slightly sweet and greasy, but with the bitter tea, sweet and bitter are intertwined, leaving just the right amount of satisfaction.

As expected of everyone.

Ji Wei didn't eat any more cakes, and patted the armrest lightly with her right hand. When there were about a hundred or so, a person stopped Zhang Quan.

"Uncle Quan, why are you here?"

Zhang Quan was a distant cousin of the Zhang family, and he had been with the master of the Zhang family since he was a teenager. He is cautious, but he doesn't have a lot of business brains, so Mr. Zhang asked him to stay in the Zhang family as a housekeeper. He is respected by everyone in the Zhang family on weekdays. You have to be called uncle.

Zhang Mingyuan studied in the house for a day, and planned to go to the street, but he didn't expect that Zhang Quan was not in the house to take care of his father, but stood in the hall not knowing what to do.

He was a little puzzled, and when he walked towards him, he saw Ji Wei sitting not far away, and raised his voice, "I didn't know there was a guest at home. Mingyuan was rude.

" The goal is to pass the exam, and if it is not necessary, I seldom go out, and most of them are locked in the study and study hard. He has never met Ji Wei, nor heard any rumors about him. Seeing his majestic, tall and mighty appearance, and his extraordinary heart, he came up with the idea of ​​making friends, walked towards him quickly, and stood by him. In front of you, raise your hands as an arch.

"I don't know what to call Mr. Lang?"

Ji Wei got up, imitated his salute, and said loudly: "Next Ji Wei, who lives in the West Lane next door, came to meet Mr. Zhang. Dare I ask, but Zhang's new talent?" "It's me, why are you looking for your father?

" "

Ji Wei picked up the oil-paper bag that was put aside, "A few days ago, thanks to Mr. Zhang, he was willing to give me the extra bricks and soil. I was grateful in my heart, and I didn't have anything to give away, so I sent some of the food I made. Since Zhang Xiucai is here, why don't you try it?"

He said while tearing down the red rope.

"It's not something expensive, but it's novelty. I figured it out in my spare time. There's no other place." Ji Wei held the oiled paper bag and handed it to Zhang Mingyuan. Zhang Mingyuan couldn't refuse, and took a piece of butter suspiciously. Biscuit, carefully took a bite.

Click.

The sound was too crisp, beyond Zhang Mingyuan's expectation, and startled him. Then he chewed carefully, and gradually felt the goodness inside, and he couldn't stop.

But he is a scholar after all, a little embarrassed, put down the hand that was about to be raised, and sat down on the chair next to Ji Wei awkwardly.

"What's this?"

"I call them butter biscuits." Ji Wei pushed the oiled paper bag in front of Zhang Mingyuan, and said with a smile, "This is a gift for Mr. Zhang, Zhang Xiucai, you don't have to be polite. If you like it, I'll send some more next time. Zhang

Mingyuan murmured and repeated, "Butter biscuits? How come I've never heard of this thing. Even the biggest pastry shop in the city, I haven't seen it."

Ji Wei laughed, it would be strange if you had seen it.

"It seems that Zhang Xiucai's mouth is right, what a coincidence." Ji Wei was secretly happy.

There are not many people in Changliu Town who are admitted as scholars, only a few each time. But the worst mess is also the teacher, who is loved by others.

Not to mention that the Zhang family is a prominent family in the town. If they really like it, they might be able to borrow a gust of wind and save a lot of effort.

Ji Wei answered the questions patiently, while Zhang Quan, who was standing aside, paid close attention to the two of them. The shock in his heart could be described as overwhelming, and it was hard to describe.

As the saying goes, the country is easy to change and the nature is hard to change.

It's not like he hasn't met Ji Wei face to face. How could such a vicious person change so much all of a sudden?

Strange, really strange.

There was a sound in the corridor, the sound of crutches falling to the ground.

Zhang Quan bowed humbly and greeted him.

The head of the Zhang family, Mr. Zhang, who is over half a century old, walked over slowly, alone, on crutches. Seeing Zhang Mingyuan and Ji Wei sitting at the same table, something flashed in his eyes, but he only coughed and did not speak.

"Father, you're up." Zhang Mingyuan came over to hold the hand of Mr. Zhang who was not using his cane, "Come and taste the gift Ji Wei gave you, and take care of your favorite food." This is what Zhang's father and son have in common

. place.

No sweet no joy.

Just like the sweet-scented osmanthus cake, it is much sweeter than those made outside.

Mr. Zhang has worked hard for half his life, and his health is not good. Although he is only about fifty, his legs and feet are already inconvenient, and his face is full of wrinkles.

He looked at Ji Wei with a majesty and sharpness that was incompatible with his age.

"Okay, okay, I'll take it. My son praises it so much, I must try it out." Mr. Zhang stroked his gray beard, and took a biscuit from the oil paper bag to eat, but was stopped by Ji Wei.

"This biscuit is a bit hard, the old man eats it slowly."

With more flour, the taste is firmer @hard. Ordinary people can eat it without serious problems, but Mr. Zhang is old and often eats soft pastries, and it would be bad if he knocked his teeth.

Mr. Zhang glanced at Ji Weiyi, put the crutches aside, snapped the biscuit in half, put it under his nose and smelled it. Apart from the sweet and milky smell, he couldn't tell what it was.

Finally, it was thrown into the mouth and bit hard.

Although the taste is happy, it is too hard.

Mr. Zhang thought silently.

"Father, what do you think?"

"I guess I was wrong."

Ji Weiyi sighed, making Zhang Mingyuan puzzled.

"Brother Ji, what do you mean?"

"If this gift is given to a scholar, then it is right. But it seems a little uncomfortable to give it to Mr. Zhang." Ji Wei smiled and apologized, "In this case, I should treat it as a gift to Zhang. It's a congratulatory gift from a scholar."

Zhang Mingyuan still didn't understand why the gift for his father turned into his congratulatory gift?

But the old man is different, the older he gets, the more refined he is, and he can immediately hear Ji Wei's voice, and he secretly approves in his heart.

But he still said: "It's serious, it's just some waste, not worth mentioning." "

Your hometown has a big business, and a small favor is a big favor to ordinary people like me."

Ji Wei said again, "The taste of this biscuit Crisp and rich in frankincense, it is most suitable for afternoon tea when paired with green tea. Zhang Xiucai is a scholar and knows how to combine work and rest. If you are tired of reading, try a few pieces, not only can you fill your stomach but also refresh you, it can be called a Kill two birds with

one stone." He thought carefully, and as soon as the words came out of his mouth, Mr. Zhang glanced at him, his eyes were full of deep meaning, and Ji Weiwei's skin became tense when he saw it.

Fortunately, Zhang Mingyuan is very face-saving, and when he heard what Ji Wei said, he immediately clapped his hands and praised, "Brother Ji is really thoughtful, and I always feel irritable when it comes to the end of the day. Sometimes I go out for a walk, sometimes eat some cakes, and I feel relieved." Two. In this way, I'm afraid that's why."

Ji Wei smiled secretly, but his face was very calm, "Next time, I'll make some soft pastries for the old man, and I'll also send some biscuits to Zhang Xiucai." "No need

. "

Grandpa Zhang stared at Ji Wei, and said kindly: "There is no reason for you to give away things for nothing. Since Mingyuan likes it, every few days in the future, if you deliver cakes to your door, you will pay at the price.

" But it is not planned to be sold yet, the price..." Ji Wei hesitated.

Mr. Zhang coughed a few times, called Zhang Quan, and told him to go to the cashier to get the money.

Zhang Quan trotted away.

"Since you don't plan to sell it, it's considered a private house. Then I'll give you three taels of silver every month, and I'll deliver it to your door every three days—what's this called?" "

Biscuits."

"How about delivering biscuits to your door every three days?"

Biscuits are delivered every three days, three taels of silver a month, which is equivalent to three hundred cash for each delivery, which is worth half a morning's hard work selling biscuits .

This deal is very cost-effective.

The most important thing is that he also climbed into the Zhang family's relationship.

Ji Wei pondered for a moment, and readily agreed, "Then I will be disrespectful."

After

sending Ji Wei away, Zhang Quan couldn't help but said: "Master, young master, this Ji Wei is a famous bastard in the town, what if he saves something?" What should I do if I have a crooked mind?"

At this moment, there were no outsiders around, Zhang Mingyuan had a biscuit in his left hand and a biscuit in his right, enjoying himself. Hearing this, he glanced at Zhang Quan and said unhappily: "Uncle Quan, there is a saying that 'a gentleman does not avoid the beauty of others, and does not speak of the evil of others'. Those who talk about people's right and wrong behind their backs are not gentlemen. Let's not talk about how Brother Ji used to be. What Ming Yuan saw today, there is nothing wrong with it, and he will not alienate others just because of what others say."

After speaking, he picked up another biscuit.

Zhang Quan had a bitter face, he knew that the young master in his family had been bored studying in the room since he was a child, and kept his mouth shut about the words of a saint. He hasn't studied much, so he can't understand these words very well, but his heart is sinister, and he has lived half his life longer than him, so he can always understand better.

This is good, if you don't listen to it, don't talk about it, the young master will blame him.

"Zhang Quan, speak carefully."

Mr. Zhang opened his drooping eyelids, and spoke lightly, not very loudly, but extremely majestic.

Zhang Quan immediately didn't dare to vent his anger, kept his mouth shut, bowed his waist, and stepped aside.

"Father, what do you think of Brother Ji?" Zhang Mingyuan's mouth was full of biscuits, his cheeks were bulging, his speech was slurred, and his eyes looked at his father dependently.

"He's a smart man."

Mr. Zhang patted Zhang Mingyuan on the shoulder, his tone more gentle: "People who are about to start a family and start a business, you need to believe in yourself." After speaking, he got up and

held the crutches, copied it casually, and walked slowly up.

Zhang Mingyuan stared blankly at the biscuit that had lost half in an instant, ground his teeth, wrapped the oiled paper bag casually, and went back to the house.

The author has something to say: Thank you Ziyue Pavilion master for 20 bottles of nutrient solution~